Post your latest small engine oil change

Just put the Troy Bilt with a B&S Professional Series 775 away 'til Spring (hopefully).

20oz. of Mobil 1 Extended Protection 5w-30 and a dry gas tank.

Just changed my Snow King 7hp engine (22 years old), ariens sno throw. Oil hasn't been replaced in a long time (5 seasons, maybe). very black and acidic I'm sure. drained.

dumped in an old bottle of cheap oil I had lying around... ran for 10 minutes, drained... more very black. Put in 1 qt mobil clean 5000 5w-30. Found out it is about 12 ozs too much, will drain before I start the engine.

I will change this every 25 hrs or 1 season from now on.

Last edited:
Honda HRX Versamower.
1st year I used the oil that came with it (I think it was Honda 10-30 but not real sure; was a little red bottle).
2nd year I used Shell Rotella 15w-40 that was left over from one of the motorcycle oil changes. Later I changed that bike to Rotella 5w-40 synthetic, so then I used the left over for the mower again. It did swell last couple years.
This last spring, on the other motorcycle, I switched it to Amsoil 20w-50, so again I used left over for the Honda mower. I can't believe I'm using Amsoil for a mower, but I like it in the Harley, I figured might as well.
I already bout Amsoil for the spring change on the Harley, and I'll use it also for the mower again.
My mower gets better oils & changes than some folks I know use in their cars & equipment.

Tecumseh 8HP on a John Deere TRS26 snowblower:

25oz of Gastrol Edge 5W-30
1oz of MMO

Had been using 10W-30 for the past sixteen years.
Thought I'd switch to the lighter oil.

Honda snowblower hs55.
Mobil 5W30 .6 quarts
I change the oil after every use:)
Honda is Approx 15a and starts on the first
Pull every time.
Going to gunk machine this weekend.

Changed the oil of the BOLENS 13.5 H.P. riding mower in the cold temp of 16 degrees . Poured in 40 ounces of PLATINUM 10w-30 . Try not to do that again . Makes the teeth chatter
eek.gif

2007 Toro Recycler Walk Behind

Getting rid of a few leftovers:
Roughly 12oz HD30 Supertech, 7oz PYB HD30, 1oz MMO, 1 oz MoS2.

5hp tecumseh snow king mtd snowblower

pennzoil platinum 5w-30 starts so much easier than 10-30 rotella!

Originally Posted By: Phil_R
2009 ProDrive MudMotor:

36 HP B&S Vanguard

84 ounces Rotella T5 10W30 / Motorcraft FL400S filter

I had to look it up! Those are cool. I didn't know such a boat motor existed.

motor_1.jpg

Joel

got my mowers ready for spring John Deere Gt275 17hp kaw single cylinder 2 qts vwb sae30 fram ph4967 oil filter, John Deere GT245 20 hp kaw twin 2 qts vwb sae30 fram ph4967, John Deere LX188 17 hp kaw twin liquid cooled 1.75qt mobil clean 5k 10w30 and fram ph4967

Back