Motorcraft Diesel Oil - Who makes it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am debating on whether or not to try Motorcraft oil in a 1997 Ford F-250 7.3L Powerstroke (314,000 miles). Would this be a wise choice, or should I use Rotella T, Valovoline Premium Blue, or Mobil Delvac Super 1300? Who makes the Motorcraft oils?

I use Rotella T or std shell 15w-40 in a 99 E350 PSD.
If the oil meets all the specs Id have no problems using it.

MC oil is good stuff, and it would be a fine choice.

You don't state what your OCI will be, but all those brands you mention will do a great job. I'd pick the one that's on sale when you head out for oil. Right now, it'd be Delvac 1300, because there is a $4/gallon rebate going on!

$4 a gallon rebate!!! Man, thats like 5 bucks a gallon, who can beat that!
banana2.gif

My oil change interval will be somewhere around 3,000-5,000 miles. I will probably be pushing hard to put 3,000 miles/year on this truck.

In that case (3k miles a year) I'd buy the cheapest 15w-40 you come across that meets CJ-4, and OCI once a year.

Or, maybe even once every other year. The oil can handle it, but can you take the mental stress and keep your hands off the tools that long? Every committed BITOGer stuggles with this "wrenching" decision
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
dnewton has done wonders for my wallet, I have given up on wasting synthetics and my money and using dino 15w40 HDEO in the warm months and 10w30 HDEO in winter. My D-max is happy,I'm happy and I'm saving a boat load of money!

DINO POWER !
19.gif

I like the convenience of a 5 qt jug. I'm running Delo 15w-40 right now in my '97 7.3, but thinking about switching to motorcraft. It's only 5 cents more per quart than the Delo at walmart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: F250truckin
MotorCraft was $14 per 5 gallon jug yesterday in WalMart. Hard to beat that.

Never seen that at my WM only retella in 5's

Same here...I took a look around Wal-Mart last night and like the 5 quart Motorcraft jugs, as well as being able to buy the Motorcraft filter there too.

Is this a great website or what? I bought the Delvac 1300 yesterday. $2.50 a quart vs $8.00 a quart for the Amsoil I have used in the past. If the UOA's hold up, what is the point of the synthetic? I will be using synthetic Amsoil in the winter because this is Minnesota after all and we can have weeks at a time below 0, so....

Anyway, thanks for the tip. Money in the bank. These trucks are expensive enough to own and run anyway (Ford F250 7.3 PSD).

Originally Posted By: mongo161
I picked up a few gallons of Shell Rotella T 10W-30 Dino for $2.80 a quart, including tax and I hope it serves me well in the coming months.

Impressive price; well done.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back