Endure Performance Lubricants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the ATF in my Chevy Colorado (Dexron VI spec.)
with some TCI Max Shift full synthetic ATF.
On the carboard case it said a product of EnDure Performance Lubricants.....Anybody know anything about this company ?

The reason I chose the fluid was because TCI is a reputable transmission manufacturer, the fluid covers my spec., and their product info "said all he right things for me".

Thanks in advance, Eric.

Well....I found a MDSS for Endure on the web & called their 800 number to request information & the recording says "Warren UniLube". So....I went to the Warren UniLube site & their private label is "Coastal".

The site had no real info & this stuff looks like your basic bargan basement type product.

I installed a transmission pan with a drain plug; so I'm thinking of draining it & installing either RedLine, Amsoil, or Mobil 1's synthetic Dexron VI spec fluid.
I'm looking for the firmest shifts, best mpg, best power transfer, proper converter lock-up, and coolest running fluid I can get.
Any suggestions ?

Warren Unilube and Coastal...run! JK It is funny you are from Cali, God knows what is in that bottle; probably 75w90 gear lube that is supposed to be 5w30 synthetic that is supposed to be...you could go on for hours. Yep, I would be changing it too. Sorry.
Any of the ones you mentioned are great choices, I would consider Amsoil too.

Last edited:
Hey Chubbs1,

Thanks for the input !
I just figured that TCI would only put their name on some quality stuff...oh well.

It looks like the Mobil is a synthetic blend.
So I've just got to choose between the Amsoil ATL & RedLine D6. Or maybe even Valvoline Dexron VI full synthetic.

Last edited:
Warren will private label blend for anyone that wants a bottle with their name on it. So, if you want some "TwltPerf ATF", give 'em a call.

Add Cam2 to the list. Also, don't forget Maxlife or Amalie.

But, I would give that TCI ATF a 30k run. No point in wasting it. It is, by the MSDS, >75 synthetic base oil and <25 additive package. Sound good to me!

What's interesting about this fluid is that my transmission is a 4L60-E (4-spd automatic / no overdrive "button")& with stock Dexron VI fluid I could drive around in town with the shifter in 3rd (not drive) & it would upshift 3 times like it was in 4th gear. I'm assuning this was 3 with the torque converter locked up. Also with the shifter in drive it would upshift 4 times like it was in a 5th gear; also assuming this was drive & converter locked up.
Now the drive position is still the same; BUT when in 3rd it only upshifts 2 times; like in third but no lock up.

So I'm kind of worried that this is not the best fluid for my application.
This is all assuming of course that the converter is supposed to lock up in 3rd...Anybody know ?

Aside from the torque converter lockup question above....

It looks to my small mind that my choice in fluids really comes down to Valvoline Dexron VI (full synthetic & GM "approved") OR Amsoil ATL (full sythetic, not "approved" but designed for the spec.)

This maybe slightly biased as I'm also only looking at mainsteam suppliers that are easily accessable in my area & prices that are less than the current $11.81 per quart price for genuine GM Dexron VI (synthetic blend & approved of course).

The converter issue does worry me though because I also want the best fuel economy, coolest running (ie: slip-free) & tranmission life possible with the quickest / firmest shifts that I can get.

A similar fluid to what is required will not change the programming in the transmission. You do not have a fluid caused converter condition. You are probably not feeling the TC lock up because its that more transparent now.

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Warren will private label blend for anyone that wants a bottle with their name on it. So, if you want some "TwltPerf ATF", give 'em a call.

Yes, they are basically a subcontracting for private labels company (at least their 'Endure' division is).

They also bottle the DOT3 'clutch fluid' for Clutch Masters (also a VERY reputable performance aftermarket company).
But it is nothing special, as even Castrol LMA beats it's specs.
21.gif

Yep...I fell for the hype of their advertising & the companies reputaion (TCI transmissions).
It seemed to be something special but most likely isn't.

I'm still deciding if I like the feel of it; gotta give it a chance at least. As I stated earlier; the torque converter lock up has a different feel. The 4th gear & then lock up is similar to GM Dexron VI. The 3rd gear & then lock-up is very soft / almost unnoticeable & sometimes there is no lock-up.
Other than that it acts normal & shifts well (for a stock GM computer controlled automatic).

If I do switch it out; I think the Amsoil ATL is probably the best fluid for it.
Valvoline's Dexron VI seems to be nothing special other than they flont their GM approval. RedLine's D6 has viscosity ratings higher than the norm for Dexron VI (not bad just different from the the norm of the rest). Mobil's Dexron VI is a syn-blend like GM's.

I usually consider myself fairly lubricant savy on engine, differential, manual trans, & brake fluids. But when it comes to modern automatics I lack knowledge BIG TIME. I REALLY appreciate the advice & experience you guys offer. It has turned me from a lurker into a poster

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to a retailers site or not for informational purposes. So if this is forbidden please forgive me & feel free to delete.
This is the product I have been talking about :

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TC-'Fluids'-0.aspx

then click on product # 950655 for more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back