MS Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT) Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people actually use this scan tool feature manually to scan for malware and viruses.

I had a virus on my old PC. trojan generic. McAfee detected it but couldn't delete it, and CA never detected it.

Ran MRT and it was detected and deleted in ONE run.

Nice thing is that MS updates this program every month as well so it is always current.

It seems this program is not well known by most users .

It is actually already in Windows at least XP, Vista, and 7..it is an official microsoft product.

Click "start" then,
go to "run" type in MRT and click ok.

It should give you the tab for the tool the best choice is to run the complete scan. It may take a few hours but it is very through and up to date as well.

That is the great thing about it it is a safe scanner that is completely integrated into Windows, and it actually catches things that so called other more effective scan tools don't catch or at least they can't delete the offending malware while MRT could.

Last edited:
I get a new one automatically every month in "Windows Updates".

Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Thanks for the tip. I've never run MRT before. Did so today on 2 machines. Didn't find anything.

If you are up to date on Windows Updates it will run automatically every month when you get your updates. There is no interface when run automatically so you will never know it ran unless it finds something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back