Help me identify wheel bearing grease: clear blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
89 toyota pickup, slid off the hubs to inspect the wheel bearings, covered in a see through/clearish blue tinted grease. Does anyone have any idea what grease this might be so I dont run into compatability issues repacking them?

To be honest, it reminds me of the look of Syn permatex caliper grease, but that would be crazy if the PO used that.

thanks!

I guess as long as whatever it is, is lithium complex, I will be fine compatibility wise. I was planning on using mobil one because its already sitting on my shelf.

Thanks!

You'll be cleaning all the old grease out, right? So compatibility won't be an issue as long as the grease is appropriate for wheel bearings. Mobil 1 is an excellent choice.

Yes, I will be cleaning them accordingly and bathing them in a generous portion of mobil 1 grease. As well as replacing the back gaskets just in case (no leakage yet, but unsure of age).

Just finished packing all the wheel bearings on the club's auto-x trailer with AMSOIL's Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease, Extreme Pressure, NLGI #2 (GLC) which has a bluish, translucent color (supplied by a club member who is an AMSOIL dealer).

I guess clear/blue grease is more common than I thought!
smile.gif
Thank you everyone for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back