Info about Advance Auto Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take a look the Advance Auto Synthetic Oil which has an introductory price of $3.49 per quart at my local Advance.
The oil I am looking at is 5W30.
The bottom of the oil has WPP logo.
The back of the bottle has the API service SM approved.
Here is the exact same sentence, 'Advance Auto Parts SAE Full Synthetic 5W-30 can also be used where SL, SJ, SH, ILSAC GF-4 and GF-3 service has been specified. Also meet GM 4718M.'
Sounds familiar? Looks a lot like the Walmart Superteach Synthetic.

I really want to try this out, at least I want to buy this more than the O'Reilly Full Synthetic which has no GM 47148M spec. With the ongoing rebates which make brand name synthetic oil costs way less than this, I need to resist.

Its the same oil. Made by either warren performance products or more likely warren petroleum. Its pretty good oil without the brand name advertising budgets. They had one large bad batch years ago that did not meet specification. Other that that , the company has been around since the 1890's in one form or another.I used coastal synthetic (it was another warren brand) in my sienna for 15000 miles one time. worked fine.

http://www.warrenoil.com/home.html

If it has the WPP on the bottom of the bottle it is blended and bottled by "Warren Performance Products" WPP, out of Nebraska.

They should not be confused with Warren Oil Company that makes Warren Oil, Coastal and some "Private Brands".

Since the WalMart SuperTech synthetic oil, with the WPP on the bottom of the Container, denotes Warren Performance Products, it is safe to have confidence in the quality and value of the product.

WPP, per their website, also blends, bottles and Distributes Dino and Synthetic oils for all the major Oil Brands. (Shell, Pennzoil, QS, Mobil, Havoline, Valvoline, Castrol....) WPP seems to make their own containers for the bottling process. They are also a very large distributors for major auto products.

From what I've read on their web site, they also blend and bottle their own oils under the names of Mag 1, Accel and Polar. They also blend and bottle oils for "Store Name" products in addition to the "Private Name" oils.

So I would use Advance Auto Full Synthetic with Confidence! I bought a few quarts last month when it was on sale for $3.49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back