Ultrafine Teflon additive on engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
to:johnny interesting you should mention industrial gear boxes. back in the dark ages i knew a mechanical engineer. he designed gear boxes. one test he did was to take two boxes that have the same set them up with the same load. then sample the oil at regular points, particulate count went up on both about the same . then at 500 hr changed the oil in just one box, that box went down to a very small amount, and stayed there a very long time. the box that the oil wasnt changed the particulate just kept climbing.

Originally Posted By: POM
I have used Tufoil for some years now in my -95 model 5 series BMW. With Tufoil here is less mechanical/engine noise and the valve lifter noise has totally disappeared, there must then be some reduced mechanical engine wear as I see it if there is less mechanical engine noise.
Here in the cold winter in Norway the engine starts/turns easier with added Tufoil.
Some here are afraid of additives containing Teflon/PTFE, it has been said that it can clog the oil filter.
In my BMW the oil filter is of the canister type, when it is changed it is easy to inspect the filter for clogging. I have seen no evidence of oil filter clogging when using Tufoil.
Tufoil is worth the money as I see it.

That's a logical error. "There is reduced mechanical wear as there is less mechanical noise." Mechanical wear does not heal itself- once metal is gone, it's not coming back. If anything, it helped lubricate a ticking valve, but more than likely your oil's detergents just cleaned up your engine. Is this the same car using that horrendous cocktail of different oils thinking you know more than the ChemEs?

Originally Posted By: Techniker
Originally Posted By: POM
I have used Tufoil for some years now in my -95 model 5 series BMW. With Tufoil here is less mechanical/engine noise and the valve lifter noise has totally disappeared, there must then be some reduced mechanical engine wear as I see it if there is less mechanical engine noise.
Here in the cold winter in Norway the engine starts/turns easier with added Tufoil.
Some here are afraid of additives containing Teflon/PTFE, it has been said that it can clog the oil filter.
In my BMW the oil filter is of the canister type, when it is changed it is easy to inspect the filter for clogging. I have seen no evidence of oil filter clogging when using Tufoil.
Tufoil is worth the money as I see it.

That's a logical error. "There is reduced mechanical wear as there is less mechanical noise." Mechanical wear does not heal itself- once metal is gone, it's not coming back. If anything, it helped lubricate a ticking valve, but more than likely your oil's detergents just cleaned up your engine. Is this the same car using that horrendous cocktail of different oils thinking you know more than the ChemEs?

What I meant is when there has been less mechanical noise when Tufoil is added I mean that there is less metal to metal contact/”stronger” oil film or less friction. This will of course not build up metal again but as I see it it will tear less. No, I have not used “horrendous cocktail of different oils” in my car. Regarding the “ChemEs” I trust the FLUORAMICS inc. that produce this Tufoil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought about putting tufoil in my car, but i keep thinking "restore" (which is a CSL Bond type product liek Motor Silk, google it, or CLS-bond) and MOS2 Molybdenium at napa can do the same thing, for less.

it plates the engine and reduces friction moreso than a normal oil would, and its outside of a motor oil but if it can help hey im not against putting a half a bottle of each (?) in my engine.

tufoil makes a claim i find ridiculous that "it will crank like its warmed up on a cold day" umm yeah, that is all starter and battery buddy.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back