Post milestone or just plain fun odometer pics!

Today
Photo0252.jpg

Last edited:
Average speed on I-87 up here is 70-75. State troopers don't even bother you until you hit at least 80. I go with flow of traffic usually. I just set cruise at 75 and go. In the 55MPH parts I go 65. Most others go 70.

^ I was just teasing. That's the average commute speed here too -- as long as traffic allows. You're lucky to be able to use cruise. Plus, the Focus has a decent powerband around that speed/rpm.

Last edited:
I remember when our last Maxima SE ('00) turned 100K. I never should have sold that car. In close to 200K it needed coils, a starter, a 'revolution sensor', and another set of coils. When I sold it, it needed new O2 sensors. Not bad for the kind of abuse it took - almost no highway miles.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
I remember when our last Maxima SE ('00) turned 100K. I never should have sold that car. In close to 200K it needed coils, a starter, a 'revolution sensor', and another set of coils. When I sold it, it needed new O2 sensors. Not bad for the kind of abuse it took - almost no highway miles.

I've only owned it for 20k miles, but out of the cars I've driven before (not many, about 8) it is the best in terms of quality, driving dynamics, power, and reliability. Although one of the pre-cats needed to be replaced recently and an o2 sensor when I first got it. I really hope it lasts another 100k and I think it will. For being 9 years old, it feels solid.

Yeah, I fell in love with the fourth gen Maxs (95-99) before I even got my permit. I agree the 2004-2008(?) ones were pretty ugly, but the newest one actually looks nice. Except the rear end is a little too elegant for the mean looking front end.

I had a '95 SE, '97 SE, '00 SE and then the G35 - I didn't like the '05 Maxima. The new ones look good, but they are a little too big for me now.

Back