We bought the Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed to get something in the +30mpg club. The Focus would have been perfect for her but is not availiable in a wagon any longer.

The budget allowed a sparsely equipped "new" Fusion "S" or we opted for the 2010 with 17,500 mi. heavily equipped "SEL" that has pretty much has option. No AWD, no hybrid, no V6. The 2.5L I4 has 175hp & equal TQ plenty of power for a 2900lb car.

The car was used buy the dealer for demo/loaner/employee. The car hadn't been titled yet. so we are the original owners although technically it's a used car. I think it's pretty slick & it her car & she loves it. $19k out the door.

0ca6a0c2.jpg
b180d79b.jpg
82649e0a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: hate2work

Very nice. Is that the car that has some of it's "plastic" parts made from soy bean oil?

I suppose anything is possible. We'll see if it is prone to vermin or insects eating it.

If it has never been titled, does this mean the warranty started when you bought it at 17.5k?

That is the exact way we have bought some of our cars.
They had the FULL warrenty with them.

Beautiful car, and smart way to buy.

Congratulations! 4-cylinders sure have come a long way, haven't they? Your Fusion is only 2,900 pounds? That's very light; I was thinking it was closer to 3,400 pounds. I thought my Camry was light at 3,200 pounds.

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Very nice. Is that the car that has some of it's "plastic" parts made from soy bean oil?

That's the 2011 Fiesta.

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
That is the exact way we have bought some of our cars.
They had the FULL warrenty with them.

Beautiful car, and smart way to buy.

Ditto....a really nice car and the 2.5 should be all the power you need.
It would be sweet if you get a full warranty from date of purchase.
I think Ford is really doing things right (finally). Good Luck with it.

PS: Ford stock is down nearly $4 dollars a share since last Friday for no real reason (institutional investors who want results NOW, events in Eygpt, competition etc...in other words nothing has changed for the worse at Ford). This may be a buying opportunity for those who like Ford.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If it has never been titled, does this mean the warranty started when you bought it at 17.5k?

Usually, Demonstrators begin the new car warranty at delivery miles. That mileage is rather higher than I'm used to seeing though. Are you sure it's not a Program Car (executive vehicle or rental)?

Still, a great price for a great car.

I dunno, I think it depends on the dealer. My 01 Impala LS was bought "new" but was a "demo" with 7k on it. Warranty started at ZERO(0). I had 25k mile warranty essentially at the time I bought it.

Make sure you check the paper work or get clarification.

That is a nice car, we love ours. Just remember though, check the vin on it, make sure the transmission TSB has been taken care of!

Originally Posted By: The Critic

It has the balance of the warranty. 3/36 bumper to bumper 5/60 drivetrain & body/paint

Nice, but no Fusion comes in at 2900#. It's probably ~3400+. SE Manual comes in at 3300+. Yours probably weighs a good 100lbs more. That's curb weight. Shipping weight will be less, but not that much less. A loaded Focus weighs ~2900.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Nice, but no Fusion comes in at 2900#. It's probably ~3400+. SE Manual comes in at 3300+. Yours probably weighs a good 100lbs more. That's curb weight. Shipping weight will be less, but not that much less. A loaded Focus weighs ~2900.
You are correct sir. 3342lb. The car has plenty of pep with six speeds getting it going. I some how tatooed 2900 as I browsed threw the Focus literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back