Tassimo/Keurig coffee makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.

I recently picked up a Tassimo coffee maker that uses little T-discs to brew different styles of coffees. It reads a little barcode on the disc and adjusts the water accordingly. I can make all kinds of different lattes and other fancy things. Keurig makes a similar device that uses little cups instead.

Anyone have one of these? I love mine.

I had a Keurig for about a week. A family member gave it to me as a Christmas gift. Blech. Injection molded coffee. There oughta be a law.....

Real men use these:
smile.gif

http://www.krupsusa.com/All+Products/Cof...468/T8-F468.htm

Pure heaven for a beanista.
smile.gif

We are on our second Keurig machine. Wore out the first one.
The second one is quieter than the first machines they came out with.

Great product, no measuring. Just turn it on, place your coffee cup and slap in the K-cup.

My favorite coffee is Newman's Special Blend.

FYI; you can buy a cartridge that replaces the Keurig cup receiver that allows use of regular ground coffee.

A friend of mine was given a Keurig and she is not in the position of paying $8 for 18 cups of coffee.

I have Keurig for about 3 years and yesterday had a problem with cup filling only halfway a few times.
Looked online and found the problem.I used a paper clip to clean out the top piecing fill and I ran two cups of white vinegar through and all is back to normal.
I love this machine!

IMO...Real Men use these. I've had mine for so many years that it's shocking to think back! Great Coffee, no electric just use the gas burner on the stove. You will have great coffee even in black outs when there is no electricity. No repairs or sending it out to get fixed or replaced.

Just great coffee.....pot after pot. I use regular coffee filters and fold them over a couple of time and snip off the point....then I have a small hole in the middle of the filter to fit over the stem in the basket.

I'll never go back to the electric nonsense.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index...hId=54243017603

I have the 12 cup version and once the coffee is brewed it goes into a Nissan Thermos Stainless Steel Carafe Thermos.

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
I had a Keurig for about a week. A family member gave it to me as a Christmas gift. Blech. Injection molded coffee. There oughta be a law.....

Real men use these:
smile.gif

http://www.krupsusa.com/All+Products/Cof...468/T8-F468.htm

Pure heaven for a beanista.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
IMO...Real Men use these. I've had mine for so many years that it's shocking to think back! Great Coffee, no electric just use the gas burner on the stove. You will have great coffee even in black outs when there is no electricity. No repairs or sending it out to get fixed or replaced.

Just great coffee.....pot after pot. I use regular coffee filters and fold them over a couple of time and snip off the point....then I have a small hole in the middle of the filter to fit over the stem in the basket.

I'll never go back to the electric nonsense.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index...hId=54243017603

A good perc would be 2nd place for me...definitely a major improvement over the Keurig though.

The Keurig's advantage is convenience. Quality of the brew and cost effectiveness are not really what it's about.

Originally Posted By: dtt004
Hi.

hahaha honestly, I don't think I could live with one. I mean that single serving...way too small. lol.

It's good for what it is. Minimal mess and you don't waste money keeping a pot of coffee hot. In an office environment, in spite of the increased expense, I can see the appeal. But it just doesn't taste that good. I've tried all the available flavors and not one of them comes close to being what I'd consider a good cup of coffee.

Best,

With my Tassimo you can adjust the amount of water to make a stronger or weaker brew. I can't get any coffee where I live other than gas station coffee so this tastes pretty good to me!
grin.gif

Tassimo/Keurig coffee makers have some virtues, it is convenience but at the high cost of the K-cup coffee. But for the taste and low cost, a pump espresso machine with good grounded coffee such as Lavazza is much better.

I bought Lavazza coffee on sale from Amazon for as little as $2.50 8-oz can/bag, which I can make 20-25 fairly strong cups of espresso/cappuccino for as low as 10 cents a cup. The cost of a single K-cup can be as high as 50 cents or more.

I have a Keurig at home, and at work. Love it! Only problem is a spend a small fortune on K-cups. But it is nice to have every cup a fresh one.

They have one in the bank I go to and the coffee isn't that good. I make a fresh cup each time I want a cup of coffee with the 10 cup drip machine I have and it is way cheaper.

Love my keurig...makes coffee in the morning, and tea at night.

I don't use the machine every day, so price may not be a big of an issue...

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
I like the concept but the expense seems a little too much.

Using coupons like at bed, bath and beyond, or buying in bulk (like costco) help quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I bought Lavazza coffee on sale from Amazon for as little as $2.50 8-oz can/bag,

Wow, that's a great deal.

I love their Caffe Espresso (comes in black cans or bags). It usually costs around $6/can. I probably don't don't it justice by making it in a $30 Mr. Coffee espresso machine from China Mart, but honestly, I can't tell much difference between it and some more expensive espresso machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back