Best fuel line for small engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had small pieces of rubber from fuel lines break off and clog the needle valve in small engines more than once. And usually the equipment is not that old, or the fuel line is relatively new. I use fuel filters, but there is always the piece of line from the filter to the carb. And that can shed a small piece of rubber, and that is all it takes to really foul up a good running engine. It is not a big deal if it happens to a lawn-mower, but if a day on the lake for everyone is ruined, and those days are rare to start with, then it is a big deal.

So the question is, "Is there a a source, or brand, or type of fuel line for use with small engines that is less likely to shed small rubber that might get in the needle valve?"

It increases your complexity (more clamps) but you can run steel brake line except for the couple inch hose couplers on the ends needed for flexibility.

Of course then you run the risk of rust if you get water in your gas.

If you have it, you can spend lots of money of stuff like fuel line. If the stuff you have been using is deteriorating and you're not using racing gas, it's obviously not good hose. Go to O'Reillys and get 1/4 inch fuel line for a buck a foot. It works just fine (again, if you're not using some kind of corrosive special fuel). I have to admit that IF, you have motorcycle fuel line on hand, it is quite good for almost every fuel application and easy to work with. It's strong and much less bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back