4 New Conti DWSs, Car Now Pulls Hard To The Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: D Bone
My neighbor told me that he had a "radial pull" on a brand new set of Rikens. He said the shop changed out 1 tire at a time untill the pull was gone. He said it was the 3 tire.

I'm glad Americas Tire didn't make me go through all of that!

I have had much better luck since I have moved away from G/Y tires(not a fan of Continental's either). I always had radial pull with G/Y's. Sometimes more than 1 tire of the 4(2-3 maybe)!

This is why I have chosed to move to Pirelli, Kumho, Hankook.
Kumho seems to do a very good job of making tires that don't experience radial pull for the new owner of their tires. Others may dissagree!

I've owned 3 Yoko tire sets. Avid Touring, good tire with excellent treadwear, would buy again. 520's sold by/through DT, rode fine by lousy treadwear ~30k, nice credit from DT. And now the Geolander H-T/S on a Tacoma, no complaints, smooth riding, very satisfied so far.

As for the topic, now sorry I didn't get the Yoko ENVigors instead of the DWS for my 3.0L Accord. Flat spotting on the DWS just didn't go well with the Accord, no pull just couldn't live with ride when cold. Ended up exchanging for Mich MXV4 Primacy because DT was going to charge a shipping fee for the ENVigors not in stock as replacement, making Primacy same cost.

Good for you,man. That's why I recommend Discount/America's Tire. Free replacement sets of tires for the first 30 days! They even replaced 2 sets of Michelins free at 60 days! Have always treated me fairly.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
My neighbor told me that he had a "radial pull" on a brand new set of Rikens. He said the shop changed out 1 tire at a time untill the pull was gone. He said it was the 3 tire.

I have had much better luck since I have moved away from G/Y tires(not a fan of Continental's either). I always had radial pull with G/Y's. Sometimes more than 1 tire of the 4(2-3 maybe)!

Kumho seems to do a very good job of making tires that don't experience radial pull for the new owner of their tires. Others may dissagree!
Counterpoint. The set of Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tred Tourings is the best balanced set of tires I've had and better balanced than any Michelin set,I have ever had. 3 tires required no balance weight at all. The fourth tire required the smallest balance weight I have ever seen.

Just got the conti dws on my stepmoms g6's they are really nice.

You feel connected to the road but not in an bad way.

I wouldnt worry about the yokohama s-drives.

They are great tires.. however they are summer tires unless something changed since I had my set a few years ago.

You will get no traction when its below 30 out and remotely wet.
otherwise I felt they were really good.
(I have snow tires I run in winter)

no flatspoting on the continentals so far.
*crosses fingers*

Last edited:
Update: America's Tire Co installed 4 225/40/18 Yokohama S.drives today, and my car tracks like its on rails. No fade, no wander, no tram-lining on SoCal's grooved freeways. I don't know what the problem was with the DWS's, but I am happy that America's Tire Co. treated me so well..............Long time future customer!

You're not going to get anywhere near 40k on a set of S.Drives though, and they are summer-only.

Yep, I'm in SoCal, and I got 41K out of my last set of UHP summer tires (Kumho SPT), so it's not out of the question that the S.drives can repeat those results. I drove all weekend, and the Yok's feel great.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Counterpoint. The set of Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tred Tourings is the best balanced set of tires I've had and better balanced than any Michelin set,I have ever had. 3 tires required no balance weight at all. The fourth tire required the smallest balance weight I have ever seen.

I have a set(4) Comfort Treads(not touring) on my wife's Lexus and they're fine for that car but they pull also and need balancing for the 2nd time(owned 3 yrs now). I would have to say that they are the best set of G/Y's I have had to date but certainly not the best set of tires I have ever had. Not a bad effort for G/Y!

I may stay with the G/YACT's for this Lex but depends on how long we'll keep the car and wheather or not something else comes along. The Kumho Solus KR-21 "were" my 1st choice for the Lex but were always out of stock on many sites that I frequent. So I opted for the G/Y's

The Hankook Optimo H727("NEW" within the last year) that I just put on my daughter's car, don't come in the size for my wife's Lex. This would be my choice today if the size was available.

I don't know how the H727's will hold up as they are too new and without any history. Time will tell. If they don't do well over time, I'll never get them again of course.

Last edited:
Quote:
The set of Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tred Tourings is the best balanced set of tires I've had

Good to hear that. The last set of GY Assurance TripleTred tires I bought a few years ago took seven tires to find four round enough to ride smoothly. It wasn't balance, it was out-of-round tires. Ditto for the GY Marathon trailer tires I had a few years before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back