Grease recommendations and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, and sorry I blasted few people here bout MOBIL 1 grease. What is a good grease to use for lubing ball joints, tie rods on cars/trucks? I am currently using mobil 1 chassis grease. Is the LUCAS XTRA HEAVY DUTY WHEEL BEARING GREASE any good? Also what is a good grease to use on a 69' SPEEDEX S-19 lawn tractor?

thank you all in advance and any advice and help/suggestions is appreciated. Also, what is the general make up or should ask, what actually is GREASE? I always thought it was made somewhat from oil; but am I wrong?

adam vasbinder

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
What is a good grease to use for lubing ball joints, tie rods on cars/trucks? I am currently using mobil 1 chassis grease.

Good question; I'm looking forward to responses, too. I used to use plain old Esso grease, now use QS Synthetic (which no longer seems to show up on their website). With respect to the separation issues people mention on various greases, I find problems seem to manifest themselves when greasing isn't done often. When I used to maintenance a fleet or do a lot of greasing on the farm, there was no separation. The gun sits for a long period of time now, and I notice problems, even with the conventional Esso stuff.

I use Petro Can Peerless OG-2 (red) for everything I do. Front ends, tracked excavator pins & bushings, wheel loader steering. Works very well in high moisture use as well.

Petro-Canada products can be had in the ol' US of A. They're not picky about who they sell to, apparently...
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back