Mobil 1 comparison chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been published before, but I find this makes it easier to compare Mobil 1 flavors compared to their table or website.
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English-LCW/carengineoils_product-comparison-chart.aspx

So, in conclusion M1 EP & AFE have more additive for startup protection.
20.gif

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Am I seeing what you are seeing? Where do you see M1 AFE and EP have more start-up protction? Are these the new substitutes for M1Clean 5k and 7500.

There is a little gray button under "choose the best protection for your vehicle". click it and you will see all the oils.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Am I seeing what you are seeing? Where do you see M1 AFE and EP have more start-up protction? Are these the new substitutes for M1Clean 5k and 7500.

What I meant by "these" is the M1 SUPER. A substitute for M1 Clean 5k and 7.5k? Sounds like they are out if this super is SN rated.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
What in the heck is Mobil Super Synthetic? Is that a renamed plain-jane Mobil 1?

^^2nd I was wondering the same thing.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Super Syn is a new product formulated from Visom? or if it's something only available to repair shops or dealerships?

Here`s something about M1 I was wondering. With the newest label design,was there a formula change? Reason I ask is that I started using M1 again,and it`s making my car run insanely smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blows away the performance I was getting with RP (which RP seemed better in the past). Wonder if they beefed up the anti-wear additives or did something to get an even better base stock than ever? All I know is my engine has never felt so smooth,silent,and responsive. I stocked up with the Oreilly sale :^)

THe old formula was .80 specific gravity;the new formula is .86 sg. May feel smoother.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Wonder if they beefed up the anti-wear additives or did something to get an even better base stock than ever? All I know is my engine has never felt so smooth,silent,and responsive.
Growing older does it to us, my man. Food tastes differently, vision changes so much, that even girls have a new more feminine and profoundly romantic appeal, regular bowel movement becomes the best substitute for sex, and than you loose marbles to the point where even Mobil 1 seems to be smooth..

Interesting what they say about the enhanced startup protection and whatnot.

I wonder if this was more marketing or if there is a good technical basis behind it. For example, M1 0w-40 is plain jane in terms of checkmarks, but is an exceptional long drain oil...

Originally Posted By: brentalan
It's not Mobil1, it's a new synthetic meant to replace MobilClean 7500

+1. This will replace Mobil 7500. I'm sure it's a blend. not a full synthetic like M1. It has the 7500 mile warranty like the old MObil 7500.

Last edited:
Nope, not a blend, it is full synthetic!

Quote:
+1. This will replace Mobil 7500. I'm sure it's a blend. not a full synthetic like M1. It has the 7500 mile warranty like the old MObil 7500.

Last edited:
It is not re-badged Mobil1 it is a new lower-quality synthetic formula.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
What in the heck is Mobil Super Synthetic? Is that a renamed plain-jane Mobil 1?

^^2nd I was wondering the same thing.

Quote:
With the newest label design,was there a formula change? Reason I ask is that I started using M1 again,and it`s making my car run insanely smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree with you. This past summer I went on a two week road trip from Minnesota to Washington, D.C. at the end of June into early July and it was HOT!
I had the Mobil 1 0W20 in and it did alright, but still a little too clicky for my ears. So when I got back put in the Mobil 1 5W20 EP and it was a noticeable difference in sound.
But just before this coldsnap came we are having now a couple of weeks I put in the 0W20 and I also notice a smoother ride overeall..

Good Day,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back