any good power steering additive or fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Char - The thing is, I don't know if ANY OTHER fresh ATF or PS fluid added would have fixed that noise.

Oh yeah mechT, I agree!
smile.gif

It isn't noise per/say, it's a mild whine that can be heard in parking lot situations. The whine isn't bothersome(now that we know) but, I didn't know at the time when we bought the car that it has electirc P/S, as this is our first vehicle with such unit. I know that electric P/S units are making their way into the market more and more.

I was pointing out too, that the Honda P/S fluid hasn't caused any ill effects to this Mazda electric P/S unit in over a year and also, that I always keep a bottle in my stash. I'll always keep a bottle around. ATMOF, the steering is quite smooth even in the single diget temps(I don't credit the Honda P/S fluid for the smoothness). But, this unit only has the amount of Honda P/S fluid to fill the resvior only, not the whole system. I don't know how the power steering will react with the whole system flushed and filled with the HONDA stuff. Probably not going to try that! I'd have to read the owners manual again to see what Mazda actually requires as I don't remember. The OM, IIRC, requires "something Mazda" in the P/S unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back