Which Snow Blower Does Everyone Like ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: QuadDriver
well the new kohler command 7 pro engine on the ole ariens got its maiden workout today.

Oh now you gotta expand on this!! I though you said you bought a "Checumseh"??

Joel

Originally Posted By: JTK
Originally Posted By: QuadDriver
well the new kohler command 7 pro engine on the ole ariens got its maiden workout today.

Oh now you gotta expand on this!! I though you said you bought a "Checumseh"??

Joel

Read back some more, once I got the checumseh and checked it out I said no way. cheap chinese junk.

Gotcha. I dunno how I missed it! It sure does look like a Chonda of another color, but I couldn't find anything to reference it was made in China:

100_5460.JPG

Was there a reason you didn't go with a Kohler Sno-pro? It looks like they are slightly less $ and better setup for snow use.

100_6510.JPG

Joel

the kohlers are not made in china - and it has a 3 year warranty. the snow pro is unavailable at this time, i could buy it from many places - no delivery (wrong time of the year)but $20 less. thats about the price of the missing air cleaner setup. since the command can run cold by switching the intake sides, I merely made a aluminum flashing box over the top and voila! heated intake with filtered air.

The ariens blowers are the type I like.Those ohv chinese engines are good engines if gas is not allowed to sit in the carb too long.Drain carb after each use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back