What Automotive Battery does everyone like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OriginalRocket
Oddessey dry cells. No more battery acid problems. 3 years and still cranking 600 amps out of my 15 pound battery.
Just be wary of the side post extensions on these otherwise robust designs. Apparently somewhat of a kludgy and problem prone affair if your application calls for it. (Ahem... and pricy.)

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: bigdawg74
Check out the Kirkland batteries at Costco, if you are a member. Highly rated in Consumer Reports magazine. Use something like this to clean the terminals.

+1...made by Johnson Controls...and rated very highly. It is well priced as well

Replaced my OEM battery a week ago. It had a good 8 year run in my 03' Ford Focus.

Decided to go and purchase at Costco/Kirkland (Johnson Controls) because of the excellent rating given by Consumers Reports...and Costcos excellent warranty:

3 years full refund and 100 month pro-rated limited warranty.

Price was also a factor; $53.99...hard to beat.

The battey has 760 cranking amps @ 32 degrees....610 cold cranking amps.

Last edited:
None of the Costcos around here stock the battery for a Ford Focus. A couple of years ago they cut back their battery selection quite a bit. Now they're down to about 6 group sizes. 34, 26, 58, 75, 78, 65.

I wonder if they can order a battery?

Originally Posted By: brianl703
None of the Costcos around here stock the battery for a Ford Focus. A couple of years ago they cut back their battery selection quite a bit. Now they're down to about 6 group sizes. 34, 26, 58, 75, 78, 65.

I wonder if they can order a battery?

True....but I measured the size of my old battery (L,W.H) and found one that fit.

It works perfectly.

Last edited:
Everstart MAXX. Why, because they have a 3 yr free replacement period, the another 6 years pro-rated out, NO RECIEPT NEEDED. People joke and call'em NeverStart, but I have never had one leave me on the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back