Which oil is the best for VIGO D4D 3.OL Diesel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have toyota hilux vigo with 3.0L D4-D diesel engine in PAKISTAN. i have 2 choice of engine oils In my area.

1)-Regular Oil;Catex Delo Gold Multigrade SAE 15W-40 API CH-4,CG-4 CF/SJ. ACEA E3,E2.Grade.

2)-Synthetic Oil; Caltex havoline Fully synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04

Please tell me which one is better a choice and provide good protection round year use?

The Havoline synthetic 5W-30. As I recall, Toyota recommends a 5W-30 that carries the ACEA C2 rating for the D4-D.

synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04 is good for round year use,in summer too?

if i use dino 15w-40 oil in summer and 5w-30 fully synthetic oil in winter,there is any bad effect on engine ???

In summer,Pakistan is hot weather country like gulf and thailand. i looking for pakistani weather..

Last edited:
As a confirmation, I checked the Shell listings for the D-4D. Unfortunately, they don't have a specific listing for Pakistan. They do for Thailand, though.

The standard oil recommendation from Shell is their Helix Diesel HX7 10W-30. With that info, I'd say that the Caltex 5W-30 would work well. The only difference is that the Caltex will flow better at start-up thanks to its 5W rating, while providing the same high temperature 30 weight protection.

today i saw "shell helix ULTRA,fully synthetic API SM/CF 5w-40,ACEA A3,B3,B4.
Is this better then caltex havoline Fully synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04?

Don't let these smart --- bust your chops.
I am sure you are interested in improving your english.

Please tell me which one is a better choice and would provide good protection with year round use.

{POLITICAL comment removed}

..also I would just use the synthetic year round...
Originally Posted By: Qaisrani

Please tell me witch one is better choise and provide good protection round year use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: 1flyfisher
Don't let these smart ----- bust your chops....

Absolutely Qaisrani, no insult intended or meant in any way. Just havin a little fun with the English language.

I'm sure your English is far better than my second or third language skills are!

No, no insult intended whatsoever. In fact I could have made the same typo myself. It just looked humorous in that from your subject line it looked like you might have been recommending the use of "witch oil" in a VIGO 3.0L Diesel. You have to admit, that's a little funny
smile.gif

I'm have no doubt that your English is much better than my Urdu, in fact your English might well be better than my English as well.

today i saw "shell helix ULTRA,fully synthetic API SM/CF 5w-40,ACEA A3,B3,B4.
Is this better then caltex havoline Fully synthetic SAE 5w-30 API SM/CF;ACEA A1/B1-04,A5/B5-04,C2-04?

Both Toyota and Shell list the 5W-30 product as being the appropriate weight for your climate and engine. I'd go with their expertise.

Today i received a mail from Toyota Thailand Motor. they write that "Hilux Vigo in Domestic market could fill both 5w-40 Synthetic SM/CF and 10w-30 Semi-Synthetic CF-4."

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Originally Posted By: 1flyfisher
Don't let these smart --- bust your chops....

Absolutely Qaisrani, no insult intended or meant in any way. Just havin a little fun with the English language.

I'm sure your English is far better than my second or third language skills are!

Thanks

This website is for everyone to learn about oils, additives and vehicle maintenance. This is not a place to ridicule a person from another country that is trying to ask questions concerning oil. Most of us would not do as well asking questions in another language. The members that find it amusing to put down another member might want to take a vacation from BITOG for a while.

Today i received a mail from Toyota Thailand Motor. they write that "Hilux Vigo in Domestic market could fill both 5w-40 Synthetic SM/CF and 10w-30 Semi-Synthetic CF-4."

In that case, I'd just go with the one that you can get for less. With the interval you're interested in running, due to the concern with dust, either oil will stand up to the conditions. Just save yourself a little money and call it a day.

What part of Pakistan do you drive in for the most part?

I know in your country there is everything from dirt roads at very high altitude to paved roads and the Punjab area gets about as hot as Death Valley here in the summer.

There are some parts in the North that get very cold winters. I am saying this as I am biased to the heavy oils, but other guys on these forums tell me the light ones do good in heat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back