Cherry-Scented windsheild washer fluid! Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm like what??? Who would want scented WW fluid sprayed all over their car?

Of course, just for heck and giggles, I bought a bottle

I guess now we all know the type of fellow that buys cherry scented washer fluid at WalMart.

LOL! I was waiting for someone to call me on that!

I had to try it, if just once!

laugh.gif
:p
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
My '83 renault fuego came from the factory with J&B Scotch scented ww fluid(!) Don't spritz you windscreen, then get pulled over by the locale constabulary, as I dont think they'd buy the, "Hey it my WW fluid Occiferrr, I haven't had a drop 2day" (hic!)
smile.gif

John Delorean should have tried this to smuggle Irish Whiskey into the States. Instead he went straight to something harder...

really.....ST branded washer fluid? ST as in "Super Tech" - walmart brand?

Interesting. Here in FL all we have is Peak, Prestone Bug Wash, and the rain X Bug Remover.....

But yea, I noticed the "Prestone Bug Wash" is supposidely orange scent....

I wonder why...? Is it to "mask" the scent of the antifreeze smell that some animals and kids will go after? But really, wouldn't they go after a cherry scent more?

Who knows...lol. Perhaps someone did a test and found that "kids" and "pets" dislike cherry scent/smell/taste? LOL. I know I always hated the "cherry" cough syrups.....hehehe.

Good point though, about inducing the "scent" through the cowl vents as it's used on the windshield.....that "could" be one of their "thoughts" I suppose......

It's so that when you're sitting at a light, and decide to take advantage of the time to clean your windshield... you hit the sprayer which ends up spraying the fluid clear over your car and into the convertible behind you... that lucky soul will get a nice surprise! They might even get out of their car and come up to thank you.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm like what??? Who would want scented WW fluid sprayed all over their car?

Of course, just for heck and giggles, I bought a bottle

I guess now we all know the type of fellow that buys cherry scented washer fluid at WalMart.

I bought it inspite of the Cherry Scent gimmick
wink.gif
Having had now the opportunity to try it over the four seasons we'd had the last couple months, I intend to keep using it. In conjunction with Armorall glass cleaner for the windshield inside, Rain-X on the outside surface, and my Rain-X HD wipers (good in drizzle and snow, terrible wipers with really heavy rainfall), I have the clearest winter windshield I've had yet.

And no, its not the cherry scent, or even the windshield wash being anything spectacular in itself; it simply does the job well enough and does it inexpensively.

-Spyder

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back