Amount of quarts for RX350

Status
Not open for further replies.
my mom just got a new rx350. i want to make sure shes gonna get the best oil for her 3mi commute every day.

in the manual, it states that the engine requires 6qts of oil w/o filter. with the filter -- 6.4qts.

so when the car goes in for an oci, should i get 6 or 7 qts of oil?

Buy 7 quarts but put in 6 quarts only then check the oil level on the dipstick after engine ran for about 2-3 minutes (turn engine off before checking oil level). If the level below the middle of full and add, add 1/2 quart and save the rest for top off.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
More does not = better.

Use the amount required by the engineers who designed the engine.

i know...just wondering what that extra 0.5qt would do in case i become forgetful.

Originally Posted By: poiuy223
i know...just wondering what that extra 0.5qt would do in case i become forgetful.

You save it for ther next oil change.

Originally Posted By: poiuy223
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
More does not = better.

Use the amount required by the engineers who designed the engine.

Just don't forget that it needs 6.4 quarts. Like I posted above, use 6 quarts first then check the oil level on dipstick to see if it needs more then add only that amount.

I have a 2009 RAV4 with the same 2GR-FE engine. The manual says 6.4qts with oil and filter change. Even after letting it drain for an hour or more, it still only takes 6.0 qts to take it to the full mark. 6.4 qts overfills it everytime.

Like others, I say put the 6.0 qts in and then check it after starting the engine and shutting it down after about 10 minutes. If the level is close to the full mark, then don't add any more. Wait to check the level the following morning before the first start of the day and you will find it right at the full mark.

Good luck and enjoy that beautiful new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back