GTC brand oil...who makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st day on the forum...hello. I live in Texas, where we have HEB grocery stores. HEB just recently started selling a line of auto fluids branded GTC. The oil is on $1.98 quart, cheapest in town. Of HEB will not give me the makers name. I google GTC and it comes up dry. Anyone know?? Thanks.

Jon

Where do you live in Texas?? There are name brand oils on sale all of the time, Do you have Autozone or Advance Auto around?? Sorry I couldn't find anything on GTC oil.

Look for WPp on the bottom of the bottle. Is it API certified SM? If not, pay up the other 25 C a qt for Supertech (Exxon) or Formula Shell.

Abilene....we have Autozone/O'reillys/Advance and NAPA, and Pep Boys. Yeah its still somewhat concealed...its a new "store brande" for them.

Its got all the minumium requirement logos, API, SM. Whats the WPp? There is a W25A on the bottom embossed in the plastic.

Check the barcode/UPC on the bottle next time you see it. Jot down the complete UPC, and type it into Google.

Sometimes those "UPC Database" sites will be able to tell you who makes the product.....but I'm willing to bet it's Warren Oil, or "unilube" or one of there other branches that fall under the "Warren" name...

The "Wpp" that poster above is referring to would be "Warren Performance Products" - that's simply one of the many markings they use....

Note on that UPC, you'll need the "complete" UPC, the first digit "outside" of the scan bar code, the 2 sets of numbers inside/under the scan bar, and the "check digit" on the end....

I think Ive got it, from what you guys said. On the bottom of the bottle, there is "brand" that looks like something you would see on cattle, a ranch symbol, and it looks like a W U. Its kinda hard to make that out of it, but thats what it is, and that from what I can tell is, what you said in the 1st place, Warren Unilube, maker of Coastal....THANKS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back