Added MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used MMO for years. It works and works well. Be patient with it. Continue to use it with every oil change and you will be a very happy driver, so will your car.

Patience is definitely the answer. I know you'll be anxious to see how "dark" the oil is after that first OCI, but have no fear, between the oil filter, and the quality oil, you're in good hands. The filter should be able to filter out most of the bad stuff.....and what can't be filtered will be suspended within the Motor/Marvel Oil combo until it drains. Marvel Mystery Oil has been tested over the years and it should be able to run 3k OCI easily.....but as previously noted, if you get nervous, perhaps just change the oil FILTER in the middle of the OCI, if you are paranoid that the oil filter may get clogged up.

The biggest thing about running these cleaning phases during the cold winter months I'd be leary about is the fact that it takes the engine a lot longer to "warm up".....even here in FL on these cold 60 degree mornings I've noticed it on my 9.5 mile stretch to work.....my temp gauge doesn't reach the "normal" spot until off the interstate and a mile or two away from my workplace.....so the car isn't really running in "closed loop" long enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back