Is Aluminum complex grease o.k. to use on Heavy Equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At work I grease my dumptruck and other heavy equipment with a Moly fortified grease. Is Aluminum complex #2 grease o.k. to use on this same equipment?

yes but when changing grease types IE thickeners from say a aluminium to a lithium there maybe some issues with compatibility and the greases may soften and run as a liquid that is why when changeing any grease purg old grease ouit to avoid this problem.
bruce

Yes Al.complex is ,some what compatible with Lith. comp.,,but as Bruce indicated is correct,,,,purging is the way to go,,as freq. greasing 3-4 times,,,,,,,,,,,,BL

"you do not have compatilility poblems with alu compex"

As the man says " that is a bold statment" I just finished a test of kendall 427 lith grease and a metalcote aluminium grease and there was a dif in penitration of over 25 points THAT in my mind and my old grease guru friend from Chevron indicates a problem.

It just goes to show that when changeing grease types at least flush old grease from bearings.

Due to different fillers and fatty acids used by grease mfg even when staying in the "same" family compatability maybe a issue be smart always flush old out or at least keep an "eyeball" on it.
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back