Which grease would be ok for my application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to grease up the sway bar bushings (front/rear), grease up the ball joints, track bar bushings, etc on my 01 Grand Cherokee.

I know I'll need a tub of grease and a tube for my gun. Will M1 work well for me, or is it really overkill? I see Valvoline Synpower or Durablend in both tubs and tubes, and of course the ever present supertech..

Of those 3.... which? I can't wait to get the schaeffers, amsoil or the other boutique greases.. Just want to get it done..

M1 is a very good grease and appropriate for chassis lube. If you don't want to pay the premium price, any lithium-based, NLGI Grade 2 grease with EP additives will work fine.

Well, was going to get the M1 at Autozoned but picked up a tube of it and got what appeared to be transmission fluid on my hand.. Checked a couple others and they were the same way. Something leaking from them. Went with the synpower.

Check with site sponsor,,,Schaeffers 274#2 is a very good chassis grease,very wide temp range,excellent water washout (compaired to Lithium greases),,and great in wheel bearings,,it is the only grease you will ever need as al. complex greases excell in automotive areas notably ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BL

The red fluid from the M1 tubes was probably oil that had separated from the grease. This can indicate old stock.

"Check with site sponsor,,,Schaeffers 274#2 is a very good chassis grease,very wide temp range,excellent water washout (compaired to Lithium greases),,and great in wheel bearings,,it is the only grease you will ever need as al. complex greases excell in automotive areas notably ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BL "

rolleyes.gif

Please check the last line of my original post, I'm doing it on Monday morning and need something I can pick up locally. I don't buy into boutique oils and such, I use what I can get locally (Wallyworld, napa, AA, Oreilly). I've seen umpteen threads where schaeffers is mentioned and it's probably very good and all, but I don't have the time to go purging all the joints (since the stuff that is in there is moly/lithium from walmart), and all that good stuff
smile.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case with the M1, since it was pretty beat-up looking and a tad dusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back