valvoline vs pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be hard to verify any of the cleaning and wear protection if they have the same rating. That being said I would pick the oil with the highest add package, probably the base oil are the same

they spell their names differently and have diffent colored bottles. that about sums up the differences.

other opinions will range from 'complete destruction of your motor with no survivors' to 'it makes you hotter to the babes'

I searched through the uoa`s today and Synpower and Durablend have the lowest wear metals. Looks like I`ll be getting one of those next oci,probably Durablend.

Originally Posted By: electrolover
valvoline 5/30 conv vs pennzoil conv 5/30 for cleaning and wear protection.
any educated opinions??
I would have gone to the search section b 4 I ask that, it borders on the old statement " My car likes it". if u know what I mean,,,

Whatever is on sale man. I'm working towards a "double rainbow" in my stash:

2010_11_18%20012%20%28Small%29.jpg

Maybe a more scientific method of finding a winner would be to count the bottles of each in my pic.... that would make VWB the winner with 9
grin2.gif

valvoline imo...it just seems to produce the BEST overall wear numbers out of any oil out there. Granted, it doesnt have the best TBN but TBN doesnt mean much. I run synpower in my father sienna for 1 year OC that sees 20 city miles a day. Its been a year and the oil is still fluid and dark amber. I've been using it before i came to this forum and seeing the UOA just makes feel so much more confident in using it.

Originally Posted By: webfors

Maybe a more scientific method of finding a winner would be to count the bottles of each in my pic.... that would make VWB the winner with 9
grin2.gif

whats in the big 5 gal jug and pail??

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Originally Posted By: webfors

grin2.gif

whats in the big 5 gal jug and pail??

Subaru Extra S tranny fluid in both. The plastic jug with the spout is much easier to pour from.

Quote:
Extensive engine inspections at EOT indicate both types of ZDP
technologies provide excellent oxidation control, wear protection and
sludge/varnish cleanliness.
• Used oil analysis of wear metals and oil condition indicated
equivalent performance of the two test oils.

This is old news and who knows if others are using this.

Quote:
The low volativity phosphorous in this ZDDP ester reduces the amount of phos that would get into the exhaust stream which is good for CATS. As I mentioned in another post, I think Lubrizol saw a decling market share in the older ZDDP (which BTW, they invented) and developed this ZDDP to try and recapture it as well.

Link

Valvoline all the way. Been using it for years and it maintains an extremely clean and well lubricated engine. All flavors are excellent. Conv, Durablend, Synthetic, Maxlife, etc... Outstanding products.

You can only really go by specifications an oil meets. So I think everyone should be using Mobil's ESP 5w30 that meets the Porsche C30 spec.
grin.gif

you cannot go bad with either product. PYB is known to have a better base stock as it is a group II+ vs group II for valvoline , however in a real world comparison with regular oci's that means very little. Both will clean very well although PYB is packed with detergents,although Valvoline is no slouch either.In terms of wear protection they are very comparable and both will get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back