Timken wheel bearing grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.timken.com/industries/automotive/products/wbgrease.asp

Anyone familiar with this grease made by Timken who are reputed bearing makers, it is a NGLI-2 grease and the reason I am interested is because I can't get M-I grease for my CV joints and hub bearings here in India. I have previously used NGLI-3 rated grease so I would think this would be superior product compared to the previously used one.

Any feedbacks truly appreciated.

Hmmm. I doubt that Timken has entered the lubriants business like Shell, Chevron. etc. So they perhaps put their label on some other companies product.

I'd use it no question, but I suppose it is more expensive than most. I bought some premium red SuperTech grease from WalMart recently, so I'll have to compare listed specs for the two products when I get home tonight.

My $0.02

Ideally I would use either Chevron Black Pearl or M-I but both are no longer available and this seems to be a better bargain than the multi purpose grease out there. Castrol is selling a so called wheel bearing grease but don't know how good it would be compared to Timken.

quote:

Originally posted by Gurkha:

Anyone familiar with this grease made by Timken who are reputed bearing makers, it is a NGLI-2 grease and the reason I am interested is because I can't get M-I grease for my CV joints and hub bearings here in India. I have previously used NGLI-3 rated grease so I would think this would be superior product compared to the previously used one.

Does not Hindustan (spelling?) have a full line of quality greases?
bruce

Kestas,

We have quite a few brands but mostly MP or EP greases, from Caltex, Castrol, Gulf, Idemitsu, Shell as well as local companies like Servo, BP etc. Problem is that none of them are selling synthetic grease through retail channels, SERVO, an Indian company makes Titanium based grease for extra heavy duty applications but again, not for retail.

bruce381,

Hindustan is correct spelling, as you can see that almost all major manufacturers are there but none selling synthetic grease, M-I grease is directly sold to MB, BMW and other dealers but not to public.

quote:

Originally posted by Gurkha:

This grease is a Lith complex in a mineral oil base should be something avalible in India try Mobil lith AW 2 it is a good grease with high drop point and low washout.
or post what you can get and maybe I can let you know which I would use.
bruce

Gurkha,,,try and fins Shell Super Duty,,#2 this is a fine grease for your app,I belive you can get it there,,its a Moly/Poly Lithium Complex,,,decent grease.....BL

Thanks brian fix, will check it out with the Shell dealer, do you think it would be better than the Timken?

bruce381,

Mobil AW 2 is available here, so in your opinion it would be better than Timken for CV joint and wheel bearing app?

Mobil AW 2 is a lith complex a very good grease have used it with good results.Mobil lith SHC are Pao based check them out but the AW 2 is a good grease and is same chemistry as the timken Metalcote stuff, PS the metalcote is perhaps one of the largest private label grease makers in the USA.
bruce

I agree that it's probably made for them. Making grease is a big deal. There are very few plants in the US that can make grease. The MSDS sheet lists Chemtool Inc. as the supplier.

I like Chevron Delo 2 grease, which has a Timken OK load of 75lb.!
shocked.gif

Agreed, Big O Dave, problem is Chevron is not interested in bringing their wonderful tranny fluids as well as grease to India, lucky for me, they sell the Delo 400 here.

Gurka, i dont think you will find it where you are , but my choice would be MYSTIK JT-6 HI Temp Grease, timken OK load 80lbs. This is by far the best grease i have ever used. E-MAIL me for availability.

drums57,

Many thanks for your offer, unfortunately, it would cost you more to ship than the original price of the grease itself, otherwise I could have asked any of my friends in the US to get it for me.

If you can get it, Mobil Infinitec 152 is the best for vehicle hub bearings. This synthetic grease is specifically designed for this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back