what nationality/ethnicity are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mpvue
since there is a thread on your age, why not what we look like?

There is already an Official Member Picture Thread under the Photo Section.

Tom NJ

American, but my ancestors make me a mix of 1/2 Swedish, 1/4 Norwegian, and a 1/4 Russian. So 3/4 of it is streotypical for a Minnesotan anyways (just missing the German...)

Scotch/Irish/Huron/Cherokee/German/Polish AMERICAN.

My paternal family traces their American heritage back to 1702. The first native born Son came along in 1720-1725, my GGGGGrandfather who served in the Revolutionary War in the Virginia Militia.

mixed european decent, couple ancestors were Scottish Highlanders
wifes side is a lot of German so my kids are a real Heinz 57, always thought it was cool when people could trace there heritage more accurately than me.

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
Hopefully we are all LEGAL Americans...

By legal, you mean its ok that I came off a boat and was unpacked from a crate that said "Fragile"? lol j/k.

I am 100% Circassian(google it). Born and raised here, I am legal and "Made In America".

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Ask the moderator his. Well it was a little entertaining, and a little sad in some ways, so far. I would be surprised if this thread can exist, while saying ---- is banned.

where do you find R/S/P in the question?
to me, nationality is the country you are born in. ethnicity is where your people were before that.
no reason this question/topic can't be covered here.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
since there is a thread on your age, why not what we look like?

There is already an Official Member Picture Thread under the Photo Section.

Tom NJ

you took me too literal. by stating what your nationality/ethnicity is, we get an idea of what we collectively 'look' like; meaning, the cross section of the type of person who is a member here.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
What happened to just being an American?

if my thread gets deleted it's your fault. please don't muddy up my thread w/ your racist rant.
the purpose of the thread was just to see where everyone's people are from, no nationalistic or racist purpose intended.

if my thread gets deleted it's your fault. please don't muddy up my thread w/ your racist rant.
the purpose of the thread was just to see where everyone's people are from, no nationalistic or racist purpose intended.

I must be missing something. What was racist about what Mokanic said?

Originally Posted By: Johnny

I must be missing something. What was racist about what Mokanic said?

I didn't quote his entire post. you can scroll back and read it.

"Aren't the majority of us a small percentage Neanderthal:"

That looks to be the case. haha.

Not offended here, just inappropriate, in my view. I am not alone, I am sure. It is assumed we are all humans from somewhere on Earth here. What's THE POINT of asking ethnicity? What is that information going to gain? Ethnicity is not where your people were before. It's what box people put you into as you walk down the street because of your face and skin.

How about asking religious orientation next?

I'm a Christian. I'm White, I was born in USA. My family was born, fought for, and died in the USA. All the Right Stuff. Need to know more?

Peace, as they say.

Not offended here, just inappropriate, in my view. I am not alone, I am sure. It is assumed we are all humans from somewhere on Earth here. What's THE POINT of asking ethnicity? What is that information going to gain? Ethnicity is not where your people were before. It's what box people put you into as you walk down the street because of your face and skin.

I'm a Christian. I'm White, I was born in USA. My family was born, fought for, and died in the USA. All the Right Stuff. Need to know more?

Peace, as they say.

no, asking religious orientation is religious, therefore not allowed.
and don't try to turn it political by talking about fighting and dying for the USA.
but what's really the point of ANYTHING in the off topic section? isn't it just conversation?
didn't you ever talk to someone and ask, "hey, where you from?"
or perhaps talking with someone w/ a different history than yours who could provide a dialogue from another point of view?

we are all of one race, the human race. but, people are from different areas of the globe, and their different experiences can at times be compelling. I'm a white dude from up north, but my wife is a French Creole from southern Louisiana; we have a much different history, but enjoy what we also have in common.
if you don't find the differences between people interesting, you don't have to participate.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Now that should be an interesting marriage. A yankee and a French Creole from Louisiana. At the very minimum you should eat well.

yes, yes I do
smile.gif

she's a great cook, and LIKES to cook, and I like to eat so we get along great!

No, you are the one who is wrong. Please compile your dats and report back with the findings, and what conclusions.

Both of t

Peace, as they say.

no, asking religious orientation is religious, therefore not allowed.
and don't try to turn it political by talking about fighting and dying for the USA.
but what's really the point of ANYTHING in the off topic section? isn't it just conversation?
didn't you ever talk to someone and ask, "hey, where you from?"
or perhaps talking with someone w/ a different history than yours who could provide a dialogue from another point of view?

we are all of one race, the human race. but, people are from different areas of the globe, and their different experiences can at times be compelling. I'm a white dude from up north, but my wife is a French Creole from southern Louisiana; we have a much different history, but enjoy what we also have in common.
if you don't find the differences between people interesting, you don't have to participate.

I am glad I have someone to tell me what to do, say, and think. Not, as they say.

I have never asked someone "what is your ethnicity (race)", but have asked, "where are you from?" From is a location, ethnicity is their race. Slight difference.

Believe me, I likely have done more in and lived in more places with people of widely different ethnicities/cultures than you ever have or will.

When your original question on ethnicity has a point to it, please advise what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back