valvoline syn. in ball joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you guys feel about valvolines synthetic grease for ball joints, and universial joints? i have a can of this stuff and have finally figured out how to work my gun without a cartridge and would like to use it in my ball joints and universial joints. should i try it out or use regular grease like i have been doing? is there any special purging procedure that needs to be followed? thanks

In addition to being load-bearing, if the joint sees a lot of moisture, I would go for NGLI#2 spec'ed lithium complex EP grease.

For relatively little moisture but load-bearing condition, I go for moly-based NGLI#2 grease. This is good for sliding yoke, ball joints and also U-joints for they carry tremendous loads.

I would not use sync grease unless they are NGLI spec'ed (#2 is fine for most applications) citing washout and frequent replacement (those joints get greased on a regular basis)

i just looked at the can of synpower and it is indeed NLGI #2 GC LB spec'd. the front of the can also says that it is perfect for use on chasis, universial joints, c.v. joints and general suspension parts. the reason i ask if it is good/safe to use in ball joints is that i know manufacturors put stuff on their containers just to sell that product. does anyone have experiance using this product in the applications that i asked about? what makes me kind of leary also, is the complaints that i have been reading about it leaking out of their grease guns. i used super tech before and never had an issue with it leaking out of my gun without even pulling the plunger back and this synpower has been in my gun in the toolbox in back of my truck for the past day and a half and nada a drop has leaked out.

Schaeffers 274#2 will excell in this application as its a aluminum complex and repells water rather than a Lithium complex which will tend to absorb water,,,,though there is a good amount of manufactures of grease that have similar so called specs,, but real life on the job proves al comp with chassis lube works better,Amsoil,Mystik are a few Lith comp greases that are really good,,,,,,BL

i cant remember the name but he sells schaffers products and i clicked on his avatar and the site it sent me to was very difficult to navigate so i gave it up. i cant find anything else around here and figured the synthetic would be better. i will try to find the salesman again and see if i can navigate the site a little better and be patient with it and get some of that stuff, but until than this is what i have and if it isnt good for ball joints and such what can i use it for. it wasnt expensive but i would hate to waste it.

Valvoline synthetic grease is a moly based NGLI#2 grease and will work just fine in your ball joints.I use is all the time and have never had any problems in bearings, u joints,or ball joints.I use to use M1 grease but switched to Valvoline becouse it won`t seperate and run out of my gun.it`s a top notch grease.

Riflemen10x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back