Readily Available Non-Lithium Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to re-grease a set of RST front shocks for a bicycle. They have elastomer inserts that require the use of non-lithium grease. I am looking for a readily available (such as parts store, farm store, etc.) non-lithium grease to use to re-pack these shocks. I am surrounded by quite a few independent parts stores so lines like Mystik are available if anybody has a part number I can look for. Thank you.

There is always Sil-Glyde from NAPA, never known to harm any rubber or elastomer. Safe for Brake parts, power steering parts, and who knows what else.

That is great news, as I already have a tube of the stuff. I use it for brake caliper slides. Thank you both very much.

Narc,

My memory is fuzzy, but my lurking on the bicycle forums a few years back indicated that the three major "bicycle greases" were as follows:

Parks and Phils: poly urea grease

Shimano: aluminum complex grease.

Any good bike shop should carry them.

John Deere carries tubes of poly urea for about $2.50. But, check on the NLGI Grade (1 or 2) that your bike recommends.

Marine grease tends to be calcium or aluminum complex also.

quote:

Originally posted by doitmyself:
Parks and Phils: poly urea grease

Shimano: aluminum complex grease.

Any good bike shop should carry them.

John Deere carries tubes of poly urea for about $2.50. But, check on the NLGI Grade (1 or 2) that your bike recommends.

Marine grease tends to be calcium or aluminum complex also.

Thanks for the information. I live in an area that doesn't have any bike stores whatsoever, but we do have quite a lot of auto parts stores.

I don't like special ordering things, so I am trying to find a locally available grease. The John Deere grease will help because there is a JD dealership nearby. That is something else we have a lot of -- tractor dealerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back