General Altimax Arctics on the Tbird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowbeater Thunderbird with the snow tires...doesn't look like a big deal but this is exactly the kind of snow that got me stranded last year, not being able to get out onto the road...the snow tires performed great in all the snow/slush at almost regular speeds, and never slipped...and then even managed some icy patches...hes when I came back home around midnight.

The road i am getting onto on this video is an unsalted, unplowed road, that leads upto the main hwy. I was able to drive at 60 mph on the main hwy which still had a dusting pretty safely without any problems...

There were some bad slick/snow packed spots on exits from the interstate, and one time i had to brake while traveling 55-65 mph to avoid a snow plow (wasn't plowing), and it was like braking on dry pavement...well, almost - I don't know how I'd have gotten to work and back without them...By the time i came home, there were a good amount of icy patches on the hwy, and I could just FEEL the tires going over them without a flinch...

VERY Good tires for the money!

Last edited:
oops - forgot to delete that one after rethinking that this belonged in "photo" section - although it's a video.

Mods:
Pls remove any one of the dupl. posts

PS: I do think that it is relevant to "Tires" section, too though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back