New Ea 15k Amsoil Oil filtrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to amsoil website for order new filters and I noticed that for my car they do the 15k model instead the EaO model.

It cost less I hope is good as the EaO.

Originally Posted By: Mephy
I went to amsoil website for order new filters and I noticed that for my car they do the 15k model instead the EaO model.

Same filter media, actually it's reportedly built better. There have been a couple of threads about them, but no actual users have posted yet. I know they are out there, because I have sold some, but too soon for feedback.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Same filter media, actually it's reportedly built better. There have been a couple of threads about them, but no actual users have posted yet. I know they are out there, because I have sold some, but too soon for feedback.

How come that they do less mileage and cost less if they are built better ?

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Are the 15K filts for engines that are more prone to sludge?

They do less miles because of the engines they are recommended for. Typically they are engines that will build up more insolubles in extended drains. Amsoil charges less (makes less margin on each) because they don't recommend them for the full 25K. But so few people do 25K in under 12 months, or hit the 15K severe service, the new filters pretty much fit the bill nicely.

Depends on the engine they are installed on. For me, the price is cheaper to use Bosch Distance plus and save $5+ on sludge engines.

My take on the change was the engines involved with switching from 25K to 15K was just that....nothing new but change interval. Testing proved that the filter plain loaded up with those types of engines. Still a great filter and 15K ain't nothing to spit at:)

Yes I read on Amsoil web site that they replaced 11 EaO filter with 15K filter because some models where prone to sludge as Toyota and Lexus.

They do less miles because of the engines they are recommended for. Typically they are engines that will build up more insolubles in extended drains. Amsoil charges less (makes less margin on each) because they don't recommend them for the full 25K. But so few people do 25K in under 12 months, or hit the 15K severe service, the new filters pretty much fit the bill nicely.

Good for me I never reach 15K MILES A YEAR TOO.

OffTopic:
I've been wanting to give Amsoil a whirl and you're in my area. The only place i've seen Amsoil is Carquest in Sedro-Woolley. I'd way rather give my business to an independent/mom and pop dealer.

I'll be sending you an email about my applications!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back