Best grease made for Polyurethane bushings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the manufacturer of my aftermarket sway bars (Daizen) supplied some pretty good grease with my sway bars, but it still dried up after a year or so. I'm looking for the most effective and permanent solution I can buy for these things... I don't really care about cost as long as it saves me the frustration.

I tried Mobil 1's grease, which was the 'nicest' stuff I saw at Autozone, but it still squeeks just a tad from time to time, and I have a feeling that means it will be squeeking even more shortly thereafter.

Polyurathane bushings, unless impregnated with graphite, squeaks like "Willy" when it runs dry.

There's nothing you can do about it other than lubricating it on a regular basis. One of the best and by far, most effective means would be some sticky, slimy silicone-based grease that came along with Energy Suspension poly bushings. They stay longer and squeaks less.

I have heard that a silicone grease with teflon is best. I know a few people who use liquid teflon (pipe sealant) and swear by it.
dunno.gif

Dow chemical lube. div. makes a product called valve and stem lubricant, though its a industrial lube this stuff will solve the problem ,,, check with a plumbing supply store in your area,, comes in a green tube and is sort of clear,is silicon base...BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back