FALK long term grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad had some of this in his shop and said it was great for not getting slung off spinning parts. I was thinking maybe this would be great for my ATV CVT clutch roller weights. I have about half a tube and the stuff is very sticky. I pulled the wheel pins off the mower deck and used this stuff on them. I think it is going to last a lot longer without hardening up like the other grease im using. I looked it up and found it was NIGL 1/2. It is probably great for cooler operations. It looks like it may also be called coupling grease. Anyone have any info or experience with this stuff?

Last edited:
I cant believe nobody has any experience with this stuff. It is the most sticky stuff i have messed with yet. I almost cant even wash it off with soap and water. Great stuff if anyone is looking for some stay in place stuff.

jstutz,

The FALK LTG is a grade 1/2 and is more suitable for lubricating couplings that is it won't separate by centrifugal forces. The application on the mower I would be careful in the summer months that it doesn't run out/off even with it being very sticky. Normal grease grade would be a 2 or a 1.

Yea i was a bit worried about using it in the hot NC summers, i was thinking about using this in my atv CVT clutch but im really worried about its gets pretty hot. Not sure of the temps but it is hard to hold your hand on there sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back