Schaeffers best moly grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used it? I dont remember the number. I think its 238. I'm looking for the best grease for my backhoe. Been using the Amsoil Heavy Duty w/ Moly. I guess its OK but it only seems to last about 6 hrs. of hard diggin the my hoe gets sloppy.(Man that did'nt come out right) I heard that it has a different base than lithium grease. thanks...snoboy

"238. I'm looking for the best grease for my backhoe. Been using the Amsoil Heavy Duty w/ Moly. "
238 is your boy. 5% moly, aluminum complex base (waterproof), xtra tacky, resist shock load etc. This is a great grease.
Hev is right on about the 221 is more versatile smaller particles and 3% moly also a great grease.

snoboy

I second the Schaeffer's 238. I've tried many different brands greases on my tractor, PTO u-joints and FEL pivot points. They all seemed to squeeze out, melt or wash away in very short order.

There is something about the 238. It stays where its put with no wash out, melting or separating.

Schaeffer's may do grease better than anyone else.

I pretty much use the 221 exclusively. The 238 has a little more tack in it, which makes it a good chassis grease. The 221 seems to be great all-around. I use it for chassis, wheel bearings, etc. One thing’s for sure, this stuff doesn’t wash out.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/products/heavy.html

Schaeffer's 238 is excellent for pins & bushing, and large slower moving ball or roller bearings. It is too tacky to flow into smaller, faster moving bearings like pickup truck wheel bearings. 221 is lower cost, 3% vs. 5% moly, and slightly less tacky. 274 is synthetic blend, less tacky, 3% moly, and the one grease to get if you only get one.

If you get 238, you might get #1 for winter or for automatic grease gizmos.

Ken

I've been wondering which Schaeffer's grease would be best for my Land Cruiser u-joints and slip yokes. Sounds like #238???

Should have ordered some with my $250 oil order
frown.gif

Oh well, gives me an excuse to place another order. Mark won't mind!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back