Harbor Freight Wireless Inspection Camera OK? $64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand Harbor Freight items can be hit or miss.

Anyone used this (see link).

On sale for $80 and with a 20% off coupon (full page ad in back of most all popular mechanics magazines, and others) can be had for approx $64

http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-inspection-camera-with-24-inch-color-lcd-monitor-66550.html

Note 20% off coupon can be applied to all items on sale except those requiring a coupon for the sale price (cant double up on coupons but can apply to a reg sale item).

Last edited:
Dont see using it a lot but the price is as cheap as I have seen it as I have been watching the last year or so. Typically on sale for $100 but now $80 and with the 20% coupon out of magazine $64 is pretty tempting.

Looked online for review and there are a few but curious if anyone here has used?

Regards

Your right there isn't a whole of of use for them everyday but when you need it its a life saver.I had something drop down a rear plug hole on a 5.4 (luckily the plug was still in) and without one of these i would have been in a real pickle.
They are useful and well worth owning IMO.

I bought the Milwaukee for a lot more money but it has no camera just live picture,i like the function of this HF one better if the quality is even close its a deal.

Got it, so far very worhtwhile at $64. Will report more when had more time to play with (when I get it back out from under the tree!)

Originally Posted By: Fallguy
Got it, so far very worhtwhile at $64. Will report more when had more time to play with (when I get it back out from under the tree!)

haha cool let us know...

Originally Posted By: Vikas
One of the reviewer said that you will NOT be able to snake it though a spark plug hole :-(

Think that is correct the diameter of the head is a bit larger than a plug hole.

No adjustment for focus but clarity is good from 4" out. Can adjust brightness and contrast.

This one you can not get down a spark plug hole. HF came out with a new version that is around 250 that will get down a spark plug hole.

Looks like they are clearancing this model out at that price and only available in store.

Originally Posted By: scott37300
This one you can not get down a spark plug hole. HF came out with a new version that is around 250 that will get down a spark plug hole.

Looks like they are clearancing this model out at that price and only available in store.

I would be all over this one as it is way slimmer but just dont have enough use to justify currently other than the $64 model but that would be a nice nice unit!

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-with-recorder-67980.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-inspection-camera-with-24-inch-color-lcd-monitor-66550.html

Last edited:
Why would anybody buy that HF camera instead of this for about $275?

* Removable wireless screen for ease of viewing when in tight areas
* Photo and video capturing on micro SD card to help with documentation (SD card sold separately)
* Hook and magnet accessories included to aid in retrieval
* 3x zoom capability for better visibility
* 3.5" screen for increased visibility

DCT410S1_1.jpg

I was comparing Dewalt with the $260 HF Centec model. It turns out Dewalt is 17mm, so it fails the test:-(

Quote:
Why would anybody buy that HF camera instead of this for about $275?

Maybe because its almost $200 more.That's a lot of extra scratch for a a tool that gets little use by most people including mechanics.

My dad bought one and likes it. And true to what he says "Why Pay $275 when the $64 work 99% of the time." Yeah a pro mechanic that would use it daily/weekly would probably want to get the nicer one.

Had bit more time to play with it. Works ok for the price but came to the conclusion camera head is bigger and longer than I would like which would make it harder to force through sharper plumbing bends such as J traps. Mine work well on the wireless part but does not work when attached to the pistol head. Never really had much of a need, will return and buy something else or upgrade model with smaller head when there price comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back