Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
Pablo, I have no more blind faith than you do. I use many other products besides RL. I use and have used Amsoil many times and don't have some kind of agenda. To be clear I never stated the results of the white paper were "fake". I hope you are not trying to put words in my mouth.

My post was not directed at you at all. You never said anything close to that.

Who was it directed at then? It was basically the two of us that made the comments you were clearly responding to. If not to us then who?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Who was it directed at then? It was basically the two of us that made the comments you were clearly responding to. If not to us then who?
wink.gif

Anyone who actually says that - no one in particular. Wow. Don't be so darn sensitive.

I was having some fun with you hence the wink wink icon. Now who is the sensitive one?
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif
48.gif

Originally Posted By: **** in Falls Church
I'd be very interested to learn where you found someone (qualified) contesting the results. Sure glad that you don't claim the results were 100% false--maybe you think 3.5% false? or 4.87%? I haven't seen any of the competition companies advertise that the tests were invalid, skewed, or false. Far as I know, none of them have sued AMSOIL for false advertising.

Gee, do you suppose that maybe the claims might be true? Nah, it's AMSOIL, only been around for about 35 years now.

Why does this same argument pop up everytime someone questions the Amsoil white paper? On what world does remaining mum on a competitor's report act as an endorsement of it?

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Amsoil freely admits they did not go get new bottles, or try a new purchase when the results came up - but they did send the samples to other labs. The same results or in some cases worse. It certainly does not indict the lube as designed, but more like a problem with as built, as blended so to speak.

The part in bold highlights what INDYMAC said. Trust but verify. Everyone who makes oil is responsible for each and every bottle they ship out. If they ship out a few filled with something that slipped by QC and does not met the company's published specs, and those just happen to be the bottles Amsoil purchased, so be it. C'est La Vie! Rather there than in my diff!

On the other hand, one has to realize the glee that must have been felt by Amsoil at those results... no way were they going to pass up a "gotcha" opportunity like that. Still, one also has to realize that if the Amsoil product had tested that poorly, you can bet they'd have grabbed another bottle to test.

Well, this is the world of sales. The report is great but it's far from "objective." True objectivity would have dictated getting a few more bottles to test and showing both the failed oil and the oil that lived up to it's specs. I guess you'd have to add, "ASSUMING ANY OF THE OIL LIVED UP TO THAT SPEC." Had I been doing the test, that's what I would have done. By showing the competitor ships out substandard oil and showing it at it's best, I could have tossed the competitor under the bus and been fair too. If I bought a a bunch from different batches and they all failed, well, so much the better for me. I'd make sure everyone knew I tested 12 bottles bought from different locations and from different batches and they ALL failed. A fair GOTCHA. Nobody can gripe.

Great post, this sums up my thoughts on the matter precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back