Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a manual pump that can air my 700x23c presta to just under a 100psi and also the schrader on my cars to 35psi?

Our compressor was stolen and I'm beginning to miss it.

On the bike, I have a mini pump that works great, but you have to get on it a bit to get decent pressure into the tire, so a floor pump would be nice to have better/higher pressures than a short pump can provide and also save my valves from the agony of the small pump- flexible hose piece.

Serfas has lots of floor pumps that work with both Schrader and Presta valves.

We have two different dual-head floor pumps that do either quite easily.

Beware of the wal mart pump, as you pump the innards of the pump get warm, the wal matt one exploded on me and cut my toe when pumping up a low pressure car tire.

Any of the major name brand bike pumps (Topeak, Serfas, Planet Bike, Blackburn) should work fine. I have a Topeak floor pump which cost ~$50, it is very well made compared to some cheaper ones I had. It has a dual head, one side for presta and the other is for shrader. I have used it to inflate bike tires and car tires, seals in well no leaks. But you do need to use both hands to lock the head on the valve stem. I would get one that has both the presta and schrader, I have used the autohead kind and doesn't work as well in my opinion.

I have a Topeak Joe Blow with a larger housing for higher volume per pump. Works great. I do my bike tires and my Suburban tires when I'm not feeling like dragging out the compressor.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Be forewarned that a bike pump will take forever to air a car tire up.

LOL...I've done it in a pinch, and yes it took forever.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Be forewarned that a bike pump will take forever to air a car tire up.

I had to do it once and I don't think my triceps have ever gotten a workout like that ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back