Car Gun Safe Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Im going to be getting a concealed permit soon, ive got a Glock 19. I want to have a little car gun safe that i can either attach using a steel cable to the seat (Nissan Versa)
Any recommendations on a good budget safe, I want it to resist most amateur attacks and will use it very infrequently to store my pistol.
Thanks for the help!

wow, Versa = $$$$ considering that anything that size is very easily broken into, it seems to me. Are they really $199 good?

The safe idea wouldnt really be a good idea, first you couldnt get to it very fast and second, it would be hard to hide and people would see the safe and if they want it, they will get it. Tell you how I carried a gun in my truck, before I was of legal age to carry one. I bought one of those fake leather trash pouchs you attach to your dash or seat to put trash in, put the gun in there with a empty bag of doritos over it and presto, you have a quick access, last place a criminal or cop is going to look for a gun and your ready to rock and roll. Sawed off shotguns fit well under child seats if you need more power and they ussually dont look there either, but if you indeed really have a child, Momma's get funny about thier toddlers sitting on shotguns.

The beauty of the versa is when you open the lid the pistol raises up so you can grab it without fumbling inside the box. It has a holster on a lever connected to the lid. It also readily complies with gun laws that require a pistol to be transported in a locked container but gives you quick access. For instance, in Calif. that box would be perfectly legal sitting next to me in plain sight and in a quickly accessible position.

It also has a quick release mounting plate so you can transfer it to any of your vehicles or take it inside for a secured box next to your bed.

In reality what good is a gun the the trunk or a box you fumble with that is sliding around under the seat. In states that require a locked box, a "trash bag" will get you in trouble.

Be careful, I know NJ has even crazy-er laws than CA!

For the right reasons, usually either politically connected or a cop/retired cop of some sort.

Anything else and the powers that be won't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back