What Company Does Everyone Use For Oil Analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Pablo - We reach some level of agreement then - repeatability is indeed a fragile and complex issue

It is quite amusing to read Blackstone's comments. These are often a mixture of hearsay, comic and misleading statements. This is one area that they quickly should put quite strict "QA" type controls in place

In the meantime I (like some others here) will continue to smile in bemusement at the comments - unless they take mine up and correct what is IMO a poor image for them!

Fragile indeed.

Years ago I had a saying. But it was fairly unprofessional....oh what the heck......I will apologize in advance. Sorry.

Blackstone's comments are for entertainment purposes only.

I must say, they have actually improved of late. Or maybe I have not read them all.

I recently posted on a significant difference (at least IMO) in fuel dilution reported by Polaris and by Blackstone.

Polaris reported 2.9% and Blackstone reported
The samples I took were mid-stream samples after 20 miles of highway driving. I filled the second sample bottle quickly after filling the first. I let at least two quarts drain before catching the first sample.

I was surprised at the difference.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
They all stink, and provide questionable info to be honest.

So I'd just go with the cheapest one.

How can you make such a general statement? How many UOAs have you paid for and submitted in which your service stunk, and from how many different labs?

Cost is a large theme in many of your posts. Why not say that you'd just "Go with cheapest" ? Why add "They all stink" ?

Not trying to beat you up, I wish you might take care in such an overall generalization.

AVlube.com
Have used them for a long time and they are very interactive. Results seem very consistent.
$18 no TBN

Last edited:
I also use Polaris labs for my readings also.

Polaris does more than just oil analysis to include oil, fuel, coolant and industrial metal working fluids.

They recently opened a new facility in the metro-Atlanta area (Duluth) if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back