Got some serious weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, saw that on the news. Hope everyone comes out okay.....

Had a rought start to my morning as well, b/c of weather. Not as bad as that, but bus was 30mins late b/c of weather...gets you starting you day feeling behind and rushed....

Dude you guys are getting it rough. Hope and praying everyone gets out of that mess. If it is any consolence there were ice sicles on my grapefruit tree in Florida. We are not too used to this.

Its a good reminder to keep some food and blankets in the car. Hope everyone out there keeps their wits about them and makes it out OK.
Some local snowmobilers have been helping people out as well, and people who live nearby are taking people in.

Wow, that's bad, and it's not far from the northern 'burbs of Detroit. I hope everyone is rescued.

Can't wait to drive from Stratford to London tonight (I work in Strat, live in London) in my little Saturn.. If you guys don't see me posting by tonight send out a search party!

Last edited:
I shoveled as much as I could Sunday evening, as the temperatures were falling past freezing. Anything that hasn't been shoveled off the drive or brushed off the car is now frozen solid for at least the next two weeks.

I kicked some ice around today. It has that "ceramic" sound to it, like kicking bricks around. The ice is HARD!

I wish we had some of that weather here. Everytime the forcasters call for a decent snow, it fizzles and we get flurries. Haven't had a GOOD snow here in years.

Seriously though, our prayers are with you guys (and gals) - hope everyone makes it through OK.

Last edited:
I'm so glad that my area has barely gotten any snow so far, in fact not even enough to shovel! But yet London is only an hour to the west of me, Collingwood is an hour to the north of me, and Buffalo is an hour to the east of me, and all of those areas have gotten HAMMERED with a foot of snow or more in the past week or two. We're just in this lucky little pocket that seems to avoid most of the storms every year.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Can't wait to drive from Stratford to London tonight (I work in Strat, live in London) in my little Saturn.. If you guys don't see me posting by tonight send out a search party!

So, .... did you make it home alright ??

I did, thanks for asking
laugh.gif

I did not go to work today though, woke up early today to get a jump on the drive, and I looked at the radar, I looked outside, and I said forget it. This weather is nuts.
Right now heavy snow falling right outside the window here. No signs of stopping just yet.

A buddy of mine used to work for Hetek. He lives in Glencoe, LOL!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

It is that hard to find work right now.
That is why I took this job. I don't like the 70km drive (one way) but I needed a freakin' job!
Glencoe, that is nuts. That is like another 60-70% on top of my drive. (I live in South-West London)

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

It is that hard to find work right now.
That is why I took this job. I don't like the 70km drive (one way) but I needed a freakin' job!
Glencoe, that is nuts. That is like another 60-70% on top of my drive. (I live in South-West London)

Yeah, it's a pretty good drive from here too, LMAO!!!
grin.gif

Been a while since I've been down to visit him.

Hey SLCraig, wow you live in the same town as Dave from Davidsfarm. Pretty cool. I want to head up to canada but i still need my enhanced drivers licensed and free time (and money!) to do it.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back