Fram vs. Bosch Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sale at my local auto parts store. 5 Quarts QS Ultimate Durability and a Fram Extra Guard 6X filter for $26. Pretty good deal.

Question: I can exchange the Fram Filter for a Bosch Premium Filter. Anyone have an opinion on which filter I should go with? 2001 Accord with an average 6000 mile OCI. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Get the recommended filter that fits your engine.

They both make a size for my vehicle.
confused.gif

I'm asking about which has a better reputation and performance.

Not even a question. Bosch is the choice I would go for. I'd even toss the free Fram and pay for the Bosch if I had to.

I know the EXTENDED Guard Fram is considered decent (not to be confused with EXTRA Guard), but with so many other good brands at similar prices, I don't see a reason to use any Honeywell oil filter.

Originally Posted By: HBCALI
Sale at my local auto parts store. 5 Quarts QS Ultimate Durability and a Fram Extra Guard 6X filter for $26. Pretty good deal.

Question: I can exchange the Fram Filter for a Bosch Premium Filter. Anyone have an opinion on which filter I should go with? 2001 Accord with an average 6000 mile OCI. Thanks.

My mistake. It's a Fram "Tough Guard" 6X (the silver one). It seems Bosch is preferred so far...
21.gif

My mistake. It's a Fram "Tough Guard" 6X (the silver one). It seems Bosch is preferred so far...
21.gif

Maybe because you told them it was the orange can of death instead of the tough guard

There's a Tough Guard cut open in the Filters forum. Take a look and judge for yourself. I prefer the metal end caps of the Bosch filters myself.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
$26 for a jug of UD and a Tough Guard isn't really a good deal.

+1...at sale prices of US $19 and CDN $22 for 5 quarts/5 liters, that's $7 for the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back