5.4 with varnish build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
any ideas on cleaning a 5.4 3 valve Triton?
i want something i can buy locally for a reasonable price.
all ideas on oil and additives welcome
thank you for your feed back

I would do a run of 5W20 dino (doesn't matter what brand) with a bottle of AutoRx. Follow the instructions for the rinse cycle.

The best stuff for varnish is Kreen but it is not available locally,it will clean it up in short order.They will ship it to you and its cheap enough.
The next best thing i would say is MMO run a qt for a whole OC.

Forget ARX it will take forever and then some if it even works at all.Been there done that many times with zero results IMHO money down the drain.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The best stuff for varnish is Kreen but it is not available locally,it will clean it up in short order.They will ship it to you and its cheap enough.

Forget ARX it will take forever and then some if it even works at all.Been there done that many times with zero results IMHO money down the drain.
varnish does not destroy ur engine at all,,amen

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

varnish does not destroy ur engine at all,,amen

topic is what gets rid of it not what effect it has on the engine
please stay on topic so i can make some sense of the responces
i dont want to sort threw a million posts to see what pple like to clean an engine

Run some MC5w20 and substitute one quart of MMO as recommended for a full OCI. My 2000 2v 5.4L looks brand new through the fill hole.

so no one likes seafoam or gunk motor flush?
there is also a bottle of oil detergent additive for sale at autozone. any thoughts?

MMO wont disappoint you,it cleans well.

+1 About $4 a qt available at WalMart and use it with your favorite oil. If you live in a cold climate it helps with cold starts, win, win. If you are looking for a faster job, order Kreen, some of the other products you'd have to mail order to try anyway. Kreen is cheaper too.

MMO and Kreen will work on the rings too.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

Make sure to get the free Kroil trial deal,best penetrating oil on the market bar non.
On the order form they ask for a "company" just give them the name of the company you work for and use your own name and address,no problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back