Clark Forklift Oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone im new to this form i am working on a Clark Forklift Model GCS 25MC type LP. I was wondering what oil to use? If you couild please help thank you

Since I worked at a Clark dealership for 17.5 years and been through all the factory training and even though I have retired from the industry. Depending on the climate , in Fla a straight 30 HDEO or a 10w-30 HDEO is what you want. Rotella or Delo 400 or Mobil Delvac 1300 types for example.

Alright thanks, that was big help... how much oil would an Lp type motor take...

Last edited:
Mitsubishi motor? 4.5 qts and check the level.They may have a Chev engine or a Continental engine depending on what model and or year and from my fading memory they may take 6 qts.

Originally Posted By: Dualie
I have a couple of cases of strait delo 400 30w that my forklifts seem to love.
That is the oil the company I used to work for used and there were plenty of Clarks like the above posted that were fed the Delo straight 30 since the first oil change and made it to over 25,000 in high use enviroments.

I used to work at as warehouse foreman a forklift paint forklift paint company so needless to say I've worked with multiple viscosities and I will have to suggest not to stray from the suggested SAE10. Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted By: mechanical
I used to work at as warehouse foreman a forklift paint forklift paint company so needless to say I've worked with multiple viscosities and I will have to suggest not to stray from the suggested SAE10. Let me know if you have any questions.

What do you mean sae 10?

SAE 10W is the normal recommendation for mobil hydraulic equipment and most forklifts. Additive pack is CF-4. Good detergency, high zddp, etc.

I have never seen a forklift LPG Gas Or Diesel recommend SAE 10W Oil.

I would go with a 10w30 or a 30w either would work fine.

Clarks were well made machines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back