Non-Ethanol Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice find.

Too bad none of them in my area are within really legitimate "driving distance" hehe.

I.E. 'wayy off' the path of my normal travels, likely making the benefits negligible.

It's cool to see them bringing about this initiative for "e-free" gas though, more power to them....but I think in the end most stations will cave in to the government mandates, and/or "discounts" or "tax write offs" they get for selling the ethanol laced fuel....

Several states have no requirement that the pumps contain any labels warning you that the fuel contains Ethanol + who knows what is in the tanker when stations are resupplied?

Only way that one can tell is by using a test kit each and every time you buy fuel.

About all one can do is buy fuel at a station that turns over a lot of fuel, use proper weight oils, keep tires pumped up, and use good driving habits.

Looks as if soon we will see more Ethanol (15%) too.

I often wonder if sometimes fuel now contains more than 10% Ethanol?

You won't find any in Florida starting in 2011... Thanks to Crist, all stations in Florida must contain up to 10% ethanol, except aviation or any fuel deemed as "recreational", and good luck finding any of that...

Al G. just said "sorry" and ethanol was a bad idea, Really! It was in the WSJ. I guess Big Al made all the money he could on corn futures, now that they are double from a year ago. If that pricing holds, then our grocery bills could climb 150%, soon.

The talk was eliminating ethanol from fuel. Its putting too much pressure on food prices and without a big government subsidy, makes no sense, economically or environmentally.

The elites and agri-business cashing in on the little guy...again.

Across the country, the price of produce has remained fairly steady. But the U.S. Department of Agriculture predicts that next year the price of fruits and vegetables, like many other food commodities, could go up. The government agency is forecasting a 2 to 3 percent food inflation rate in 2011 - a pace that is not unusual in a rebounding economy.

"We usually err on the conservative side," said Ephraim Leibtag, a senior economist with the USDA, adding that "2011 holds a bit of uncertainty, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. If it goes to 6 percent, then we should be worried."

Michael Swanson, an agricultural economist at Wells Fargo, said that as long as corn, soybean and energy prices continue to climb, food inflation could reach 4 percent in 2011.

"The USDA always plays it safe," he said, adding that the nation is likely to see the biggest increases since 2008, when the food inflation rate was a record 5.5 percent.

The global demand for corn - used for food and ethanol - has swelled so much that feed costs for farmers and ranchers are being passed on to the consumer, Swanson said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/12/15/MN571GQRDL.DTL#ixzz18KLBkgui

Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper
I guess Big Al made all the money he could on corn futures, now that they are double from a year ago. If that pricing holds, then our grocery bills could climb 150%, soon.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/February08/Features/CornPrices.htm

"The 49-percent increase in corn prices would be expected to raise the price of a box of corn flakes by about 1.6 cents, or 0.5 percent, assuming no other cost increases."

An increase in the commodity price of corn has minuscule effects on the price you pay for food at the grocery store. Changes in the price of oil have a much greater effect on the price of a box of corn flakes than do changes in the price of corn.

Using that same USDA link gives the following price increases for food products that would result from a 49% increase in the commodity price of corn:

0.5% Corn flakes
1.0% Coca-Cola
2.5% Chicken
4.1% Pork
8.7% Beef

Don't trust the USDA...they have an interest in calming the public. Just watch and see......

Originally Posted By: crosseyedwx
You won't find any in Florida starting in 2011... Thanks to Crist, all stations in Florida must contain up to 10% ethanol, except aviation or any fuel deemed as "recreational", and good luck finding any of that...

Interesting you would mention that...

Was out on a local causeway in Dunedin, FL for work and the Mobil station specifically said "No Ethanol"!

It's because of recreational boaters. Nice exemption.

Originally Posted By: crosseyedwx

There is a Marina near me that listed, how in the heck would I go there for gas lol! Put my car on a barge and sail it? :p

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Hmmm one Mobil station about 30 min away. 86 (weird!) and 93 oct.
So how does one FIND stations to add to this list?

I wonder, before the 10% ethanol is added in which has a higher octane if the E10 87 octane gas isn't about 86 octane. 87 E10 must start at a lower octane before the higher octane ethanol is added in.

I don't know how current/accurate the data is. I went to the nearest station listed, to me, and, no signage stating ethanol free. Bought a tankful anyway and, no difference performancewise or mpg.

I believe I got an ethanol blend from a store on the list is all I'm sayin.

Yeah makes sense, there's probably fewer stations that are really ethanol free than even on that short list on the site.

I bought an inexpensive ethanol test kit. It clearly shows what gas has ethanol & what does not. You can't trust all the stations.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Yeah, thats the problem Im having. I think people are putting stations on there that are not marked one way or another.

Could be, but I think in most cases, the stations went E10, and no one removed them. The formerly ethanol-free stations in my area were in the database for a long time after they switched to E10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back