API SN Synthetic Oil Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I stopped at 3 Walmarts and an AA today looking for API SN Synthetic oil. Both had plenty of choices in quart sizes. But, as soon as you go to the cost effective Gallon/5 Qt jugs, only Walmart brand is available in SN.

Wallyworld had bulk Dino in SN, just not Synthetic. Is this just a timing issue since Syn sells slower so older stock still, or are the oil companies sill sitting on stock reserves, so they are filling bulk jugs with SM stock trying to entice buyers to use it up.

I was hoping to get Mobil1 in SN, so I could get 2 UOA's back to back with the SM then SN ratings for your viewing pleasure. Not looking good as I am due now for a change now.

Also, WW had Bulk Syntech for $20/5 qt - SM.

Yeah it is the same at all of the stores around here too. I talked to the guy at AA and I guess they have a warehouse that is loaded with SM and that has to sell before the SN is stocked. I'm sure it is the same for everybody. I was bummed at too.

none here either. Looked as recently as this week. My qts of Mobil 1 bought this week at AAP were SM.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
I still haven't seen a single bottle of SN/GF-5 oil in any of my local stores.

The only oil that I've seen that is SN is PYB at WM. Even Kmart is trying to get rid of the Dino PYB SM oil by having a sale for $2.40 a quart of PYB. All they have on the shelf is PYB 10W-40 SM.

WM is the only place that I've seen SN oil and it is just PYB Dino.

its because their prices are not so good and everyone is waiting for a price reduction i had the same problem i was looking for ultra in the sn but could not find any i did find some sm ultra with dust on them
but they wanted $28.00 so i did not buy any if it waqs $25.00 i would have bought some

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i got rain checks from k mart and will wait until the sn oil is there

You could always print out the Ad from Kmart for the PYB $2.40 and go to WM. WM will honor the sale price at Kmart and you get yourself some SN Dino oil. SN PYB is going for about $4.00 a quart at WM so you would save $1.60 a quart and get SN Dino PYB to boot!

Why is SN so much better than SM...

Also some of the stores near me only have SL mobil 1. They didn't even get to the SM so il. Be waiting forever for SN

Originally Posted By: Scott88
Pardon me, but what is PYB? Pennezoil______ ______?

Pennzoil Yellow Bottle

Apart from BTOG'ers I wonder how many "normal" people buying oil in these stores would even notice if their oil was SM or SN? My guess is not many.

Originally Posted By: RegDunlop
Why is SN so much better than SM...

Been wondering about that myself. Picked up two jugs of SN PYB at Wallymart (near New London, CT) to change the oil on my parents' vehicles this weekend.

Best,

The Amsoil XL and newer OE line of oils are both SN/GF5 oils and are quality products if your so inclined as to order and have shipped as opposed to "on the shelf oils".

Originally Posted By: uart
Apart from BTOG'ers I wonder how many "normal" people buying oil in these stores would even notice if their oil was SM or SN? My guess is not many.

I often wonder this myself as i overheard a lady at Wally W the other day on the cell asking what "color" bottle she should be buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back