Gumout Regane High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gumout.com/ourProducts/highMileageFSC.asp

Paid about $6 for a bottle of the 2x concentrated Gumout Regane High Mileage from Walmart. I chose this one since Gumout's tech line told me that this is the most potent product in the Gumout line-up.

Has anyone used this particular Gumout product before? I plan on adding it to my friend's port-injected 2010 Mazda 3, which has around 12,500 miles on it and has not seen any fuel system cleaner.

Your friend would have to be using some really lousy gas to accumulate fuel system deposits in only 12,500 miles on a PFI vehicle.

I used it. The Buick seemed Zen-smooth on it. No change in fuel mileage. Then again, with constant highway trips, MMO use, and regular use of these additives, there's probably little in there to clean.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Your friend would have to be using some really lousy gas to accumulate fuel system deposits in only 12,500 miles on a PFI vehicle.

+1.....I agree that 12,500 miles is a little early for using this product....I would wait until about 20K.

I have used Regane HM on my 03' Ford Focus when it had about 85K on it. I put it in prior to a long trip at highway speeds of 55 to 65 MPH. It really improved my vehicles performance and I could definitely feel the difference after about 50 miles or so.

Since then, I now use Redline Sl-1 FSC at every fill-up (2 oz. for a 12 +/- gal.fill-up) for a maintainance dose. This seems to work fine for my vehicle.

Regane is a good product. I'm very pleased with it. Redline Sl-1 is great also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Paid about $6 for a bottle of the 2x concentrated Gumout Regane High Mileage from Walmart. I chose this one since Gumout's tech line told me that this is the most potent product in the Gumout line-up.

Since you live in California, check out a PepBoys or O'Reilly/Kragen store. They both had the older large bottles for ~$3.50 each.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Has anyone used this particular Gumout product before? I plan on adding it to my friend's port-injected 2010 Mazda 3, which has around 12,500 miles on it and has not seen any fuel system cleaner.

Critic,

I hate to be a broken record but I used this brand (Gumout/Regain) in my 01' Durango about 3-4 months ago in my gas tank as a supplement and one week later I had major issues that cost me to have a valve job on my engine!!!! From other posting I was told it was purely coincidental and had no bearing but I can't get past me feelings that it did indeed had something to do with it. Usually I like to use Techron but took a chance on this product and it cost me dearly. Just be cautious when you add it.

Durango

The last time I purchased it, it was $4.50 at Walmart. They also had something which had Regane with UCL and that was the expensive one. I personally prefer Regane HM *without* UCL. In any case, 12.5K miles is way too early for magic potions.

I think there have been many many people in this forum (including myself) who have used Gumout Regane regularly and have gotten good results. I use them pretty much indiscriminately i.e. any time I feel like it but I tend to rotate between Regane, Techron System Cleaner Plus, 3M System Cleaner.

- Vikas

Thanks guys. Even if it doesn't do any good, it won't hurt and hopefully early (and regular) use of this product will keep the intake valves as clean as possible.

The digital fuel level gauge is down to 1 bar, so I will add the full bottle tomorrow and fill the tank full.

I used the Gumout Regane High Mileage recently. I haven't been dosing my fuel with anything since SeaFoam's price went through the roof so needless to say it's been quite awhile since I've used any fuel system treatment. Been using the SeaFoam I have on my OPE.

No discernible difference.

Maybe the "Top Tier Gasoline" claim at QT is all it's made out to be and my fuel system isn't dirty. Maybe the Duratec 3.0's fuel system is that good
21.gif

Didn't hurt anything either. Maybe a little boost in confidence for my fuel system's state of cleanliness was worth $6

I recently used this in 3 vehicles with great success.

There was a service shop that went out of business near me, and I stopped in there to snoop around. I bought 48 bottles of this stuff for $80.

I have a 1990 K1500 5.7L TBI with 160k on her. The truck had all kinds of gunky oil and burned up oil crud all over the inside of the motor. I changed spark plugs and looked inside and it was bad in there. Real bad. I put a bottle in with a half tank, filled it up. Every time I got to a half tank, I put another half bottle in....for 6 bottles. Each bottle getting more and more concentrating in the tank. Then I put straight fuel in it every time it got to a half tank for 3 tanks. Then ran her dry. Results were amazing. So much crud is gone. Almost looks normal in there now.

1969 Johnson 115HP Outboard (2-stroke). This ol' gal has good compression, but pretty caked up. Ran 4 at once bottles in a full 25 gallon tank of 50:1 fuel. The CC is like night and day. WOW!!

2009 Honda Ruckus Scooter. This thing has 14,000 miles on it. 4-stroke, 50cc. Only used Mobile1 10w-40 since new. 600mile OIC. 95% of the miles the motor was spinning around 8500-9500 rpm's. Carbon cake on piston. I went through one bottle in 5 tanks of gas. Tank only holds 1 gallon. Put a hotter plug in it while I was doing this. Piston top isn't shiny, but ALL the crud is gone and she is a nice shiny black.

This stuff rocks. Period.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]Phishin, what a deal and what balls

for a bitog newbie

1 bottle for 35 gal, NO!! 6 bottles in 50 gal!

banana2.gif
banana2.gif
welcome2.gif
banana2.gif
banana2.gif

you get two banana welcome

I've lurked on this forum for a few years. I can't think of a website that is crammed full of so many ego maniacs. Oh well.

I'm just a 36 year old kid. I have a substantial science background. People on here don't scare me. I mean, it's my truck, and if people disagree, go ahead. That's fine. This is just the internet.

My truck scenario came off wrong. I filled the tank with 1 bottle of Regane. Every time I got to a half tank, I added one or two bottles and filled back up. Usually just one bottle. After adding a total of six bottles, I burned a half tank, and filled back up with no Regaine. Burned it back down to a half tank, and refilled. You get the idea now.

I've been cleaning my truck motor with various methods to get rid of the sludge: remove valve covers and manually clean. Drop oil pan and clean. Spray a ton of brake cleaner through it (always manually re-lubing before restart. And now I'm running a 1-2 quarts of MMO in 2000 OIC with Dino Valvoline. It's getting there.

Phishin...some of us dont need any science background. We just like to learn and are not afraid to look stupid in the process. They havnt managed to run me off in a decade.

As my Granddad used to say "Someone had to be Von Brauns drinking buddy".

WELCOME!

Thanks Gene. I'm more of a "experimental" guy myself....meaning, dump some [censored] in the tank, crankcase, whatever....see what happens. I haven't yet to do anything dump enough to cause me any damage....yet.

I just know I used this stuff on three COMPLETELY different kinds of motors....big ol' truck motor (350CI Chevy), 45 year old 2-stroke outboard, and a 9k-10k rpm spinning 4-stroke honda scooter motor. Regane cleaned them all up. And I used a lot more than the bottle stated. It did NOT effect performance of the engine. But it did clean it. LOL!!

Originally Posted By: OilNerd

Probably true, but prevention is better than treatment. Meaning - why wait to for it to build up deposits to clean them. You can never get all the crud, but you can prevent a lot for ever starting.

just havin fun, i wasn't disagreeing (you doubted the sincerity of my two banana welcome)
i like Regane, think it's even better than Techron or Redline SI-1. i've also done things like hot water spray, double dose the whole bottle in half tank, but you took it to the next level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back