Are Kelly tires any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: poehitman
Has anyone heard anything about Kelly Springfield Charger GT tires? Any opinions are welcome, especially about wet traction.

Look'em up online and see I you can find owner reviews. Compare them to other tires of the same size/speed rating and catigory(standard touring, grand touring, high performance etc.).
Compare price to known high rated tires from tire testing centers, magazines articles and owners themselves. How will you be using the tires and why did you pick this KS ChargerGT?

In the past, I used alot of Kelly Charger's and Dunlog GT Qualifier's and I like them both but you don't hear of either of them anymore. The Dunlop GT Qualifier's have been discontinued, this I know!
I don't think of Kelly tires anymore as there are so many good name brand, high rated tires at decent prices making similar priced, lesser rated tires, insignificant!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

In the past, I used alot of Kelly Charger's and Dunlog GT Qualifier's and I like them both but you don't hear of either of them anymore. The Dunlop GT Qualifier's have been discontinued, this I know!

I had exactly ONE set of Dunlop GT Qualifiers, and it put me off Dunlop tires for good. Guess everyone else had the same reaction! Oh, they drove great and were quiet... for a while. But at about 20,000 miles I had two of the self-destruct (literally- big hunks of tread flying off and making "road gators") within a couple of weeks of each other. After the second one I gave the other two a good look-over, and sure enough the tread was starting to separate. I went back to BFG Radial T/As on the muscle cars at that point.

440 MAG,
The Radial TA's are a popular tire to say the least and a good tire at that especially on the older muscle cars. The only reasons I never used the TA's is silly but, I just never liked the OWL on them as much as the GT Qualifiers and too, I did have good succuss with the GTQ's a bought them fairly cheap. Never any broken belts and they wore evenly even if quickly. Same with the Kelly Chargers.

When I got my Explorer it had Kelly Safari tires on it with a ton of tread left. The Explorer rumbled like [censored] and I thought the wheel bearings were shot. Being a 20 year old I said f-it and bought bigger tires instead of wheel bearings. It turned out to be a good decision because the new tires got rid of the rumbling completely. Based on that experience, I won't buy Kelly tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back