Motorcraft 5W20 9249 Miles 2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4 cylinder (Theta G4KC engine), Motorcraft blend 5W20 (SM), PureOne filter.

p800305185-5.jpg

What was the oil you used in the first UOA?

MC 5w20 apparently works well in this engine!

Originally Posted By: dkryan
What was the oil you used in the first UOA?

MC 5w20 apparently works well in this engine!

Same oil with Carquest Blue filter

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Just beautiful! DON'T GO 11K WITH A 1.5 TBN LEFT!!!!!!

Motor Craft is cheap enough that getting 9k beautiful miles is more than enough to ask for.

+1
9-10k OCI with not expensive MC syn-blend is more than enough, especially with TBN less than 2.0.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Just beautiful! DON'T GO 11K WITH A 1.5 TBN LEFT!!!!!!

Motor Craft is cheap enough that getting 9k beautiful miles is more than enough to ask for.

I never intended to go past 7500 but I had two long road trips before I got a chance to change it and new I was safe base on the previous UOA.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Was this mostly highway driving?

Mostly commuting in the Baltimore metro area during rush hour but I did take two long road trips to NC and back.

I don't know what else I could hope for in a $17 oil change. And a couple times per week I switch the Sonata to "Shift-tronic" mode and really get on it. Kind of eye-opening.

BTW - this oil is no longer available at my local wal-mart - it has been replaced on the shelves with the "new" SN version. I don't know if it's actually a different oil but I do know the label is different and the price went from $12 to $14/5qt. I have a jug of the new on hand for my next change and I will post a UOA from that as well.

Originally Posted By: musicmanbass
I just wanna say thanks for sharing. The MC oils are some of my faves, and I'm looking forward to a uoa with the gf5 spec stuff!

Hey no problem - I've learned a lot here from what others have shared.

BTW - I just bought my first MM - a new Stingray 5! waiting on delivery.

Cool! Musicman makes some great basses. Unfortunately, i fell out of love with my Sterling and sold it years ago, but I had already started using this handle on some forums, so it stuck! However, i would like to get a stingray 5 someday. I would get it in natural with a white pickguard and chrome hardware, just like my strerling was.

What options did you get on yours? Post pics when it comes in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back