Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
We, in So Cal, are happy to pay 25-30 cents more than national average. We will get upset only when our price is 50 cents more than average or more.

LOL I sense some sarcasm. I think we pay more in this province than the national average too. I think the price we are paying here at the pump is really almost criminal. So many taxes and fees just keep it priced into the stratosphere.

-Spyder

2.50 - 2.60 here in MO. As long it's not over $3 I'm not complaining. We drove the Festiva over to St. Louis last weekend went 683 miles and spent $56 on gas. The Escape would of been twice that. Probably start taking it more often makes for some interesting trips being that close for 4 hours... sorta. Maybe high gas prices are good thing.

$3.05 here. It's not cheap, but not at "Oh, @#$@, get a smaller car" levels. That VW TDI just may make it into my driveway yet...

Oh, this summer when $2.75 was expensive...

I read a few days ago in the Financial Times I think, that the price of a barrel of oil will reach $100.00. They say it will be here soon. Glad I bought my Subaru when I did. The last time gas hit $4.00 a gallon I parked my Durango and bought it. Never looked back and just sold my Durango 3 weeks ago. Lot's of people love larger vehicles until the gas goes up. Shoot, I still like big trucks. Just does not make since to own one now.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: thunderchild
I read a few days ago in the Financial Times I think, that the price of a barrel of oil will reach $100.00. They say it will be here soon.

Well, driving season will really be over after thanksgiving. The timing is odd; I don't believe it is a supply issue; if it is, or if it goes 100+ wonder if OPEC will step in and raise production to drop the price to avoid degrading the longer term economy and help in an economic recovery. Another possibility is this is a run up in price and supply over a conflict in the middle east. Then we're screwed; anyone not long some commodities (ag especially) and precious metals.

$8.19 here in Norway, is what we pay for 1 US gallon.

12.85 Nok (2.16 USD)is what we pay for 1 liter (1 US gallon=3.785 liters).
We pay almost 3 times more than you
eek.gif

You guys are so lucky, to have so low prices!!!!

Last edited:
I'll keep my gas and oil sucking Torino. I've put 5500 miles on it in two years. Not a problem.

We'll also keep our V8 Durango. 19mpg isn't bad when carrying 6 to 8 people. We do want one of those new 2011 Explorers when they finally come out. If an Edge can get 26mpg highway, the Explorer is just that with a third row. 24mpg maybe? Good enough for me.

I do want to pick up a little beater car. The Ciera was supposed to be that, 29mpg highway, but it had too many issues to bother fixing. Namely the previously unseen cradle/core support damage underneath and all the wiring, cooler lines, radiator, fan shroud, and alignment issues that caused.

It isn't just Michigan. The entire Midwest and upper east coast are close to California pricing. I used to laugh at California's price. Now I laugh with them. No, I'm paying with them but not laughing.

Your government is printing up another 600 billion of paper money, continuing the drive of the value of the dollar into the toilet. Since oil is a global commodity, those dollars are buying less and less, so the price of gasoline goes up.

Getting a more fuel efficient car instead of the Buick does not make sense. I'd save maybe $400 in a year with present gas prices and the mileage I drive every week. A different car would cost more to buy and operate than it would save in gas. A few years from now, a different car may well make sense.

2.96 at my corner arco, 3.05 at the one right off the I-10. It pays to get off the beaten path a bit. Most brand name stations are also off the highway. The chevron on foothill blvd (66) isn't 25 cents a gallon more like it is off the interstate. My dad (from Texas) always called it "highway robbery." He meant it for anything with a bloated price but pretty evident on this one and for motels, junk food, batteries, anything a traveler needs.

Last edited:
Up to $1.11/L here in Ottawa this AM.

Pricing is pretty predictable around here, at least - highest in the morning, and lowest late, late in the evening. This is sooo predictable, I don't know why ANYONE would get gas in the morning.

Knowing this, I filled up last night - $1.062/L!

Here in California it's about now $3.30/gallon of regular and rising higher fster than before!!!! It won't be long again when the price reaches $4.00/gallon. That's just California folks!!

How long will it be before we all start using discount gas again?
Forgive me from saying but I was in better shape when the economy was bad....

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back