M1 0W 30 Cleaning Add Pack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Buick 3.1L Century with 84K miles which until last OC had used Vlavoline Conventional every 3K ~ 4K miles of in city driving . This Oil change I used M1 0W 30 AFE and after 2000 miles the oil color has become noticeably much darker . With Valvoline Conventional the oil color worse case went from clear to honey colored . Does M1 0W 30 have a stronger add pack for cleaning than Valvoline Conventional or do synthetic oils clean better in general ? Also , should I change this first use of M1 0W 30 out sooner than the 6K ~ 7K I thought I would run as an OCI originally ? Hopefully with repeat use of the M1 0W 30 I'll see the oil darken up less with such low miles on the oil change.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
2005 Buick 3.1L Century with 84K miles which until last OC had used Vlavoline Conventional every 3K ~ 4K miles of in city driving . This Oil change I used M1 0W 30 AFE and after 2000 miles the oil color has become noticeably much darker . With Valvoline Conventional the oil color worse case went from clear to honey colored . Does M1 0W 30 have a stronger add pack for cleaning than Valvoline Conventional or do synthetic oils clean better in general ? Also , should I change this first use of M1 0W 30 out sooner than the 6K ~ 7K I thought I would run as an OCI originally ? Hopefully with repeat use of the M1 0W 30 I'll see the oil darken up less with such low miles on the oil change.

I noticed the same thing when I switched my old Sentra with about 40,000 kms to Mobil 0w30. It got very dark, very quickly. It did better the second time around.

No doubt you have some "leftovers" from running 84k with dino oil, I think you're picking some of it up. No real need to change it early, unless it would make you feel better to do so.

M1 will do some cleaning, but it is a
darker (dyed) colored oil than Valvoline
to begin with. I sure like the 0w30 and
may return to it after my RP test.

jringo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back